View Full Version : Help with Kentucky Records

Michael Comer
05-30-2007, 11:51 PM
I am trying to get copies of my great grandfather's service record in the Kentucky militia (Federal). His name was John White and he served in Co. C, Green River Battalion. Company commander was David Moore and he was discharged at Cloverport, Ky in 1865.

I have determined that he is listed on page 801 of Vol. 2 of the Kentucky Adjutant Generals Report (Union).

I am trying to find a contact where I might be able to obtain a copy of his record. A wide variety of internet searches turn up references to this office and the records but I can find nothing that gives me a solid contact name, number or address to obtain a hard copy of the information.

I would greatly appreciate any information about how to obtain a copy of these records.

07-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I was surfing the site and came across this thread. I know it's old but if you still want or need help with this let me know. I ordered a copy of my GGGrandfather's records from the state archives in Frankfort years ago but don't remember the address. I had to request the records by mail if I recall correctly and submit a check to pay for the research. I received his records by mail. I'm in Iraq right now but I may be able to get the information from home if you still need it. Joni House who works at the Perryville Battlefield Museum now is also a member of the forum and may be of more help than I can be.

07-28-2011, 11:07 PM
I have seen some of the records from KSG to the Home Guard Militia Companies. From what I remember if its post 61 the state doesn't have alot on the militia. They have some correspondence from the counties but its all very random. Shoot me a PM..