PDA

View Full Version : Galvanizing gone wild

Steve Acker
12-30-2007, 11:09 AM
David Snow of Columbus, Wisconsin and of company B, 7th Wisconsin was captured on 5 May 1864. Put in Andersonville he joined the 10th Tennessee Infantry. In December of that year he was again captured and sent to a Northern prison where he joined the 5th US Infantry and headed west to fight Native Americans.

I found the above information while visiting the Columbus library. Those small town libraries and historical societies are great resources for CW history.

Steve Acker

Rmhisteach
12-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Acker,

Sounds like the unscrupulous behavior exhibited by the folks of Hogg Holler?? Where exactly is Hogg Holler ??Wistenarkinoisginia?

RM

burt60
12-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Sounds to me prison food did not soot him.

Gary of CA
01-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Amazing they didn't shoot him for being a deserter.

OK, I've read other accounts where someone was captured, persuaded to desert, and then promptly deserted the first chance they got to return to their original side. I can't say I fault them for it either as I'd hate to languish in one of those gawd awful PoW camps of the war.

Longbranch 1
01-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Some interesting reading here:

http://members.aol.com/jweaver301/nc/adventur.htm

As noted in the preface, there may be some embellishment in the tale.
But it does give a fair example of the mindset in this part of the country at the time.

Regards,
Kevin Ellis,
26th NCT

Johnny Lloyd
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
David Snow of Columbus, Wisconsin and of company B, 7th Wisconsin was captured on 5 May 1864. Put in Andersonville he joined the 10th Tennessee Infantry. In December of that year he was again captured and sent to a Northern prison where he joined the 5th US Infantry and headed west to fight Native Americans.

I found the above information while visiting the Columbus library. Those small town libraries and historical societies are great resources for CW history.

Steve Acker

Sounds like the guy couldn't make-up his mind... :p

-Johnny