PDA

View Full Version : Company A 24th Iowa

Hairy Nation Boys
10-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Below are those that have contacted me or talked to me about being in Company A for Into the Piney Woods. Please if you want to be with us contact me ASAP! This company is not for the slacker type. We volunteer for everything! As has been stated registration opens November 1. I expect ALL members of Company A to have their registration in by November 8. We want strong commitments. I understand if family or changes in work. But please we have been living with high gas prices for a while now. Don't use that as an excuse. This is going to be great!
Captain Harrison Holloway
1st LT. Tim Arnold
2nd LT. Preston Todd
Orderly Sgt. Scott Busenbark
2nd Sgt. Steve Ewing
3rd Sgt. Skip Owens
Cpl Archibald Campbell
Cpl Dan Chimelar
Cpl Andrew Martin
Cpl Bill Picking
Jake Wickham
David Cravens
Jefferson Saylor
Sam Cruikshank
Troy Groves
Casimer Rosiecki
Dan Munson
Greg Tipsword
Robert Gobtop
Ryan Protz
Mike Bogart
Sean Malis
John Harmon
Paul Hadley

FlatLandFed
10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
As I said on Sunday, as men, women and oxen were taking a last look at the federal fortification, I truly enjoyed myself at Marmy's Raid because of your leadership abilities.
You had me so fired up that morning -- "Come on you S...O...Bs! Let's take that cannon!" you yelled -- that I split off from my skirmish mate up the ridge to help on the left flank, risking ancient shins and limbs in the process to scramble pell mell down those rocky slopes. I truly would follow you anytime as a former/temporary Iowegion.
Sign me up.
Paul Hadley
Late of Co A, 32nd Iowa

AZReenactor
10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
When Holler warns that this will be a hard working company he ain't kidding. More than once our company was the front and rear guard at BGR and it seemed every holding action or other "shit ass" detail fell on us as well. It will be good to turn the tables and press the rebs for a change.

I thought I was in decent shape at Marmy's but two consecutive trips around to hit the Confederates on the far left rear only to get gobbled up on the second trip helped to reveal just how much and how fast we will need to be able to move at BGR. If you are going to serve in this company, now is definitely the time to begin getting ready.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Old Reb
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Troy, there aren't any hills in Louisiana. It is all flat.:)

boozie
10-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Ahh Tom, your to modest! There ain't no sand in the Louisiana "slopes" either. Right?:wink_smil

Troy, there aren't any hills in Louisiana. It is all flat.:)

Dan Munson
10-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Cap'n Holler, a couple of my e-mail acquaintances from Florida -- Ray Meinberg and Stan Smith -- are not part of this little social group, but wish to make it known that they are very interested in enrolling in Co. A. I have let Ray know that official registration opens Nov. 1.

I expect you will also be hearing from a number of my fellow Californians who are not currently on your list. Looking forward to this coming March, sir, I am, respectfully,

Dan Munson

Hairy Nation Boys
10-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Add to the list.
Sean Martin Aksentowitz

ncc1701
10-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Holler,
I need to work out travel arrangements and a powder provider on the other end, but as it stands, count me in. I had an incredible time with you boys at Marmaduke's and can't wait to do it again!

Aaron

PS Sgts. Arnold or Todd, I've been trying to get in touch with you regarding the Hard Case Boys but I can't find you on the forum. Get in touch with me and we can talk further. I look forward to serving with you again!

Lone Guard
10-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Add to the list.
Sean Martin Aksentowitz

Satisfactory :D

Hairy Nation Boys
10-16-2008, 08:37 AM
I will be posting an updated list in the next day or so. Keep them coming!
Native if you read this I heard your phone call. I had the flu the past two days and was praying to a God I really hate. I got your man down.

Holler

Hairy Nation Boys
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Men of Company A: Please register as soon as you can. I am going to drop my registration in the mail by Thursday.

Holler

Dan Munson
11-04-2008, 04:49 PM
What??? I registered before my Captain?? I am shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you!!:eek:

Hairy Nation Boys
11-13-2008, 04:32 PM
I sent my registration in last night.
Never fear!

SCTiger
11-14-2008, 07:23 PM
And I keep a promise. It'll be great to campaign with you guys again.

Bring some more candles this time.

BrettKIllinois
11-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Money has been paypaled, form has been emailed.

Hairy Nation Boys
11-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Homer,

Glad to have you with us. It should be a good time. If you need people to carpool with drop me a line. Iowa City is about four hours from Chicago.

Holler

BrettKIllinois
11-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Thank you I will be going through my vehicle top to bottom to make sure I don't have another Athen's. I don't mind traveling alone but if you know anyone that doesn't mind a chain smoker that listens to rock/soul/blues I am a good carpool candidate. If the chain smoking or music is an issue, I have no problem driving alone. :-)

Shotgun Messiah
11-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Maybe sometime if your going east, since I am west of you, but sounds like my cup o' Blues, smoking and drinking( did I mention your driving?).. good luck in your quest...

BrettKIllinois
11-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Being in this temperence regiment will come as good fortune for my liver. Five days of sobriety in the mindset of a temperance man will certainly do this soul a world of good.

Hairy Nation Boys
12-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Get those registrations in. I would like to reach our cap by Christmas.
Any questions? Call me 319-341-5885 or e-mail headlog@gmail.com
Holler

Hairy Nation Boys
12-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Company A men! Get your registrations in soon. We have some information that we would like to send out after Christmas.

If you have any questions contact me.

boozie
12-17-2008, 02:17 PM
If you want to be a member of Company A, GET THEM IN! Mine is going out tomorrow. I'm sure Bill "Native" Picking and company are going to try and be kewl while wearing dress/army/hardee hats!:tounge_sm

Hairy Nation Boys
12-22-2008, 03:06 PM
I will be sending out a note to all men of Company A in the next week. We have a lot to do so please register ASAP! I cannot stress this enough.

Holler

Hairy Nation Boys
12-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I sent out an e-mail to those that have indicated they want to attend. If you did not get this e-mail or you have just decided that you want to come with us. Please drop me a line.

Hairy Nation Boys
12-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Continue getting your registration in. I have heard from a number of you this week and things look good. But don't be dismayed if Company A gets filled. We have three other companies that need good men. We need to have four companies of Hawkeyes!

As an added bonus, watch Iowa defeat South Carolina Thursday! Make sure you wear your black and gold!

ON IOWA!

Hairy Nation Boys
01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Once again get in your regsitrations.

Did you watch the Hawkeyes destroy South Carolina? Think what we will do in Louisiana!

Old Reb
01-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Holler,
You all could get lost in a swamp. Probably not. Or you could eat BBQ. Many things to do in Lousiana. Regardless, look forward to seeing you and your arsons.

Hairy Nation Boys
01-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Company A Men!

I just sent you all an e-mail. Please contact me if you did not receive it.

Hairy Nation Boys
01-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Two months from today we will be in the thick of things. Would you rather be a member of Company A or sitting home wishing you were a member of CompanyA? Get those registrations in!

And for those of us in the snow belt... I saw 73 degrees in Louisiana over the weekend. Sure beats the snow and cold we have.

But it makes us to be TOUGH HAWKEYES!

BrettKIllinois
01-12-2009, 05:43 AM
It's good conditioning with all of this shoveling and walking a mile or two in 10inch deep snow....

Hairy Nation Boys
01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
I just sent a very important letter for men of Company B. Let me know if you got it. If you are on the registered list you got it. If not contact me.

boozie
01-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Got it Holler, getting close!

Hairy Nation Boys
01-14-2009, 09:19 PM
We still have room. Get registered so you don't miss the fun. For those that are in the company look for some first person information coming your way in the next two weeks.

Talk to your pards!

Hairy Nation Boys
01-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Little Mac just e-mailed me to tell me his registration is going out this week. With Little Mac we are at 30 registered and going to register. GOOD JOB COMPANY B!

I am very proud of all of you!

Proud captain of OUR Company B 24th Iowa

Silas
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
I cannot believe you're letting Little Mac into the ranks. We captured him at least once at Banks. He would not shut up with all his McCellan talk. I was afraid y'all wouldn't take him back. Thankfully you did.

Hairy Nation Boys
01-16-2009, 10:19 AM
He may be a McClellan Democrat but the way he fights makes it all the better.

Plus, he makes for good conversation.

Remember he always came back. Can't say the same for Chase Pinkum!

Oh Chase Pinkum
what were you thinking
you signed three years
to fight for Abe Linclon!

boozie
01-16-2009, 11:46 AM
I found you Holler!! Captain William Titus Rigby, Company B.

Hairy Nation Boys
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry Boozie, I am not that good looking!

I hope I honor him and and the other Company B men with my actions in two months!