PDA

View Full Version : Raffle

Marser
03-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Anyone know when the IPW raffle was held? Or if it was held?

Old Reb
03-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Mark,
It was not held due to the weather. I believe Fred will hold it and get in touch with the winners.

JEBminnesota
03-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Can we still purchase the t-shirts? I did not see them for sell in the Lotus camp

Old Reb
03-16-2009, 12:05 AM
The answer is yes. Dan Hadley posted about getting in touch with him and will be glad to get the shirts to those that attended.

Marser
03-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks, Tom. I appreciate the update!

BrettKIllinois
03-16-2009, 11:56 AM
How would he get in touch with winners? i have a stack of tickets with numbers on them.

Old Reb
03-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Good question. I will ask him.

MO-Pard
03-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Yes, as I understand it, many, mine included don't have a name on them so all we have is the numbers both on hand and in the drawing pot.

So hopefully just the winning numbers can be posted.

Charles Heath
03-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Like most of us, I don't have to fret about "winning" anything in these drawings. It's just fun to play.

First Prize: One week in Kisatchie
Second Prize: Two weeks in Kistachie

Gallo de Cielo
03-16-2009, 03:12 PM
All,

I will have my six year old daughter draw tickets for each of the items listed on the preservation page of the Piney Woods website.

I will then publish the ticket numbers of the winning tickets here, on the event message board, and via email.

I will wait a few more days before the drawing to allow our comrades who traveled from afar to get back home.

Kind regards,

Charles Heath
03-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I will have my six year old daughter draw tickets for each of the items listed on the preservation page of the Piney Woods website.

Fred,

Did she lean towards Bell or Breckenridge in the 1860 election? Realizing she was only around 2 years old at the time, this may be a tough question to answer.

Old Reb
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Miss Katie is indeed Southern by birth and raising and no doubt that will be reflected in her impartial drawing.

Charles Heath
03-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Uncle Tom,

I highly suspected she was definitely not a Lincolnite, but wanted to know if she was a Constitutional Unionist or a Democrat. The Bayou Yeti says losing tickets will be used as fire starter for the next Kisatchie event, but I told him he needs to check with you and Fred first before he puts that one on the 2011 schedule. Will says those big red bloodshot yeti eyes are convincing early in the morning.

Rob C. found some fire ants in Alabama, but they didn't think much of a free ride to New Jersey.

Old Reb
03-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Charles,
I do believe I heard Fred saying something in the wee hours Friday morning about shucking the Civil War gig and next time either doing "Houston's March to San Jacinto," or a "Donner Party" event. I advised him that snow in Kisatchie would be indeed rare, but a couple of years would give Sorchy a chance to raise his Mexican force and for folks to get their kits togehter.

Charles Heath
03-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Uncle Tom,

A Donner Party event would be just fine. Be sure to invite some of the young, tender, and well-marbled folks not often seen at events of any kind. We gave the basic "Long Pig Orientation" to the federals at Marmy's Raid by using a human femur to stir the soup, an no one objected to anything other than the lack of meat on said bone. Say, has anyone seen the bugler from ITPW? He probably noticed the roosters woke us up, and got eaten with gusto, and did the math as it was only a matter of time before we ran out of roosters.

BrettKIllinois
03-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Still clutching my tickets in anticipation

Gallo de Cielo
03-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Brett,

Clutch your tickets on over to the thread with the winning numbers listed. Maybe you're clutching a winner.