There was a time when we only needed two rules. Four years and several thousand users have changed that. Please be aware that we do have rules here... especially if you are new to this forum.
There will be more rules as soon as I can think of them.
- Sign your Full Name to every post - that your username contains your real name is NOT sufficient. We want your full name (first and last) to appear at the bottom of every post.
- No Farbism - All discussion here must strive toward authenticity - this is not the forum for status quo reenacting or status quo thinking. Don't come here to argue with hardcores about what they are doing "wrong."
- Be Nice - We don't expect this place to be Woodstock, but make an effort to show respect and courtesy to every poster.
- Avatars - You must use a real photo of yourself as an Avatar. Approved Vendors will be allowed to use their company logo until we decide otherwise. If you want to have another picture posted, use your profile space - which is in your User Control Panel. Keep it appropriate and clean.
- No Modern Politics - Period discussions of the intricacies of liberalism or conservativism are encouraged, but not beyond the calendar year of 1865.
- No Auctions - Absolutely no auctions are to be conducted on our forums... use Ebay.
- Commercial Sales are Not Allowed Except by Approved Vendors - ONLY our Approved Vendors may make commercial advertisements on this forum. If you want to advertise here, become an approved vendor.
- Use at Your Own Risk - Purchases/Sales made here are not guaranteed by the Authentic Campaigner or Paul Calloway. If something goes wrong with your transaction, we will help if we can but we can not be held responsible ultimately to reimburse you.
- Watch the Swearing - We prefer NOT to engage our swear-filter unless we have to as we would not want to censor historically valid use (such as in letters) - do not take advantage of this liberty or we will fill the swear-filter up with every swear, curse and innuendo we can think of - and it will be off-limits.
- Free Speech is Not Guaranteed Here - While we welcome constructive criticism, this is a private forum and if you can't handle the way we do things here, you're welcome to create your own forum.
- Event Organizers Post their own Announcements - If you expect to use the AC Forum to advertise your authentic events, we expect you to do it yourself. Second-hand guesses and 3d generation rumors are not the stuff of authentic event announcements. If you're not the official event organizer, your announcement will be removed.
- Dont Send me Hate Mail - If you send hate mail to the Administrators or Moderators of this website, we will post it online for everyone to see... and we will include your full name and email address. Constructive criticism is always accepted... for purposes of brevity we can't define the difference, but we'll know it when we see it.
- Sellers Post their Own Sales - If you're selling an item on our forums, you must sell your own items. We will not allow items to be sold that are "listed for a friend." This is the same line of thinking that we use with events. We want the info straight from the horses mouth... so to speak.
- Only One User Account Per Person - In order to keep our userbase clean and to keep trolls at bay, please only register one account for yourself. If you want to change your username or some such, notify a moderator... don't create new accounts like you [hopefully] change your shorts.
- Only One Copy of Any Given Post on the Forum - Unless specifically authorized by the moderators, please do not post the content of a single message in several folders. One should be enough and if not, the moderators have a much better copy function then you do that doesn't take up bandwidth.