Here are the guidelines for the event. John Walsh will be posting the registration form tonight.
-We will start Thursday night February 9th and camping off site. Vans provided by the NPS will transport you to the site.
-Friday AM will march towards Fort Donelson recreating 10 miles of the retreat from Fort Henry.
-Saturday and Sunday will be a static living history program.
-We will portraying units leaving Fort Henry.
-Horses will be allowed on the park for the weekend.
-3 companies of infantry ,1 company of Cavalry, 2 wagons
-Registration will open the end of September 15th
-Cost $15 early payment to pay for food and donation to park
This will go up the closer the date
contact John Walsh or myself if you would like to help.
Withdrawing to Fort Donelson Guidelines Feb 9-12 2012
Coats – jean, cassimere, satinette construction with hand-sewn buttonholes at a minimum.
1. Frock coats
2.Civilian Sack Coats
3.Commutation shell jackets.
Black trimmed optional
4. Bear or Buffalo robes
Pants– jean, cassimere, satinette construction with hand-sewn buttonholes at a minimum.
1. Military pattern
2. Civilian pattern
NO federal sky blue trousers will be allowed.
Wide black stripes optional
1. Civilian pattern shoes and boots
2. Confederate Issue Shoes
3. Infantry Boots
4. Federal Brogans- Last Choice
1. Civilian slouch hat
2. CS kepi black trimmed optional
Civilian pattern shirt made of woven material hand sewn buttonholes
Drawers – Canton flannel or cotton muslin / osnaburg of military or civilian pattern
Socks - Woven wool or cotton socks with natural colors.
NO elastic or rag wool socks-
1. CS issue boxes – preferably something early war western theater – Magee and George, Baton Rouge Arsenal
2. English Import Cartridge Box
3. US Issue Cartridge Box
1. CS issue cap pouches – same as cartridge boxes
2. English Import Cap Box
3. US Cap Box
1. Fork Tongue
2. Spoon and wreath
3. English Import Belts
4. Roller buckle
No Federal Belts allowed.
1. CS issue
2. English Import Scabbard
3. Federal scabbards- strongly discouraged, but if you lack a CS scabbard these will be accepted.
Documented Confederate issue haversack of painted or unpainted cloth.
No federal haversacks.
1. CS tin drum
2. wooden drum canteen
1. Mexican war
2. CS single bag including English Import Knapsacks
3. Militia hard packs
4. BEDROLLS are also allowed. NO Federal Bags,.
1. 1853 Enfield
2. 1842 Springfield
4. 1855 Springfield, 1816/22 conversions 5. Flintlocks to Mississippi Rifles 6. Full length shotguns
1. Civilian coverlets or 2-piece blankets
2. CS issue blankets
Tents and flys are highly encouraged because of threat of severe weather.
Wagons are being used to transport from site to site. Canvas and poles will need to be marked to keep together.
1. Period frames only.
2. NO modern eyewear of ANY kind! (Contacts excluded)