M.B. Young & Co.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Colorized Civil War Images

Just trying to give back to a great forum

i-nDQzp7G-XL.jpg
    thanks

Will Coffey

Why did not the Southern States wait and see whether A. Lincoln would interfere with slavery before they seceded." A federal Soldier's words left in a court clerk's office in Bennetsville, SC

Re: Colorized Atlanta Entrenchments

Wow, just amazing.
    Jason Krausz

Peter Pelican
    36th Illinois Co. "B"
    Prodigal Sons Mess
    Old Northwest Vols.

That's cool. Where do find colorized pictures at? I would be interested in looking at more!
    Aaron Lutton
    51st OVI

I have more on my website, and I will try to post more on this forum if people are interested..

http://willcoffey.smugmug.com/
    thanks

Will Coffey

Why did not the Southern States wait and see whether A. Lincoln would interfere with slavery before they seceded." A federal Soldier's words left in a court clerk's office in Bennetsville, SC

Will-

The detail color brings out never fails to amaze me! Great work and Thanks for sharing.

May I ask how long it takes to do one photograph?
    Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
    Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
    Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
    Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Thats a trick question lol I don't they are ever truly done.. The Atlanta one took about 18 man hours, I would guess.. Its kind of hit and miss, just when you think you are done, there are details that you see that you missed and have to go back in and fix..I'm always seeing things I want to tweak, but you just get to a point where you think its as good as you can make it..
    Portraits, to me, are a magnatude easier and only take a couple of hours to do,as you don't have all the details in the background..
    thanks

Will Coffey

This site has enriched my knowledge so much I just wanted to do something to pay it back
    thanks

Will Coffey

Will-

Thank-you for taking that time because the pay-off is a whole new perspective!
    Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
    Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
    Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
    Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Thanks so much will! I could spend hours looking at these!
    Aaron Lutton
    51st OVI

With the forums permission, I will post some more.. Should they be on this thread or seperate threads?
    thanks

Will Coffey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information