I have the honor to bring you the latest bully buy; a product that I hope will interest many of you.
The Schuylkill Arsenal fatigue blouse is the ultimate item of clothing for the Federal living historian. Issued in every theater of the war, and at all times during the war, the fatigue blouses issued through the arsenal are undoubtedly the most versatile garment a Federal living historian can own. Above all, the trademark of these garments is that they were invariably entirely hand-sewn. This, unfortunately, has been a major barrier for today’s living historians. If one were able to find an entirely hand-sewn blouse for less than $400.00, it would be a lucky find indeed! Now, for a fraction of that price, you can treat yourself to an entirely hand-sewn blouse.
We are happy to offer Schuylkill Arsenal blouse kits for lined and unlined blouses. If you can do the five most basic stitches (backstitch, running stitch, whip-stitch, topstitch, and buttonhole stitch) you can make this blouse. We will give you everything you need to make the blouse, short of a needle and a pair of scissors. Included in the kit will be:
- All pieces of cloth, cut out and labeled (so you will be able to tell what is the under-collar and what is the over-collar).
- The blouse flannel is custom made and slightly darker than the blouse in the picture.
- A 6-10 page instructional booklet with color photographs and an
appendix with diagrams of difficult steps.
- Sleeve linings stamped with the sizes with an "SA" and dots.
- Your choice of linings, (striped or checked.)
- Enough logwood dyed thread to complete the blouse and have some left
over for future projects.
- Four Federal eagle buttons from Military Warehouse
- Even some natural beeswax to wax the thread!
- My contact information if you have any questions or need some help
with a particular step.
The cost for this kit is $100.00 postage paid. The materials are on hand and ready to cut, so you will receive your kit within days of when we receive your check! If interested, send us an email at email@example.com
or call at (517) 303-3609. Thank you!