Everyone Please Read
Suggestions to New Forum members:
- Take some time to read through the forums and use the SEARCH function when looking for a specific topic of discussion. Chances are very high that the topic has been discussed at some level before.
- Only ask questions on the forum after exhausting all of the following sources:
Only after doing the above should you throw a question out to the general public of the forum.
- Unit NCO’s and/or reenacting veterans in your unit
- Using the search function on the A/C forum
- Using GOOGLE or other search engine on the Internet
- Using the resources at your local library
- Using the link to the Approved Vendors available on the A/C
Suggestion to Old Forum members:
- Do not come on the A/C and ask about events that are commonly referred to as “mainstream”
- Do not come on the A/C and ask if it is ok to have substandard uniforms and gear
- When you do post, follow the rules of the forum; Sign your full name to every post, be nice, and no Farbism.
- Don’t be angry when a rule infraction that you made is corrected or deleted.
- Don’t post just to see your name on the forum or to raise your post count.
EVERYONE - Please use correct punctuation and spelling when posting. Nothing says "new, young guy/girl" more than misspelled words and run on sentences.
- Post a researched article or photograph for discussion
- Use the alert button when you see any of the above rules broken
- Suppress the urgency to tell a new guy to follow the rules above. That is the moderators’ job. You can help doing the point above.
- Refrain from the inane act of one-word responses to posts like “Amen” or “Well said”.
- If you are frustrated with the direction of the forums, change it. Complaining doesn’t help.
There is room on the A/C for everyone. You just need to find out where you fit into the forums.
Last edited by dusty27; 11-27-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Mike "Dusty" Chapman
Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation
"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley
The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred