CS Saddles show.on.Folder

"Our Holy John" Understanding the Chaplain's Role in a Federal Regiment by Michael Peterson, Columbia Rifles

"Our Holy John" Understanding the Chaplain's Role in a Federal Regiment: A Guide for Military Reenactors by Michael Peterson, PH.D, M.Div, Columbia Rifles.

The attached article is provided here with permission by the Columbia Rifles.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Thumbs up Re: "Our Holy John" Understanding the Chaplain's Role in a Federal Regiment by Michael Peterson, Columbia Rifles

Paul,

Thanks so much for this one. I am working on developing a chaplain impression for the Federal side and this is exactly what I've been looking for. (yes I am also working on becoming an ordained minister in real life as well )
    Robert Collett
    8th FL / 13th IN
    Armory Guards
    WIG

Re: "Our Holy John" Understanding the Chaplain's Role in a Federal Regiment by Michael Peterson, Columbia Rifles

FYI, this article was published in "Camp Chase Gazette" in, heck, 2003 or 2004--right after Nicky Hughes left that periodical.

The neat thing about this article is that it's intended "for everyone"--not specifically for those who want to learn more about the chaplain himself, but more about how the soldiers in a regiment viewed the chaplain and what functions he performed.

Re: "Our Holy John" Understanding the Chaplain's Role in a Federal Regiment by Michael Peterson, Columbia Rifles

Thanks for the aritcle. I'm an ordained minister who has been called upon to portray chaplain at various Civil War events. I want to be as authentic as possible. Notice your from Fort Wayne, IN. The minister that preached revival at which I was saved pastored for many years in Fort Wayne.

Thread Information