Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"New" High Quality "Cav" stuff, some infantry items &.....the other usual junk......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" High Quality "Cav" stuff, some infantry items &.....the other usual junk......

Cavalry and Infantry “Stuff” and More.....!

I recently added some new and hard to get “high quality” cavalry items to my web site including....hot forged and hand wrought CS “trooper’s” bits, Civilian “Plain” bits, CS carbine sling snap hooks, CS/US Picket pins, “Muller Picks” and more. Very, very reasonably priced for hand forged products! Of course, there is always a lot of other “used” items including clothing, accoutrements (even infantry items) and more... routinely offered for sale.

www.confederatesaddles.com Then go to “Relics & Reproductions”. There are twenty-one pages of good stuff! The “new” items are in the last 6-8 pages or so. Take a look.

Also, for you cav guys....just published in this months edition of the Camp Chase Gazette is my article THE CONFEDERATE HORSE IN CAMP AND FIELD. Some of you might find it interesting or useful. It is a rather short summary but entails a little bit about a lot of the common questions we seem to always ask about 19th century and war time Southern horses such as.... 19th century horse breeds, horse diseases, Confederate public vs private horses, Confederate gov’t and individual horse procurement, horse values, use and renumeration of horses, serviceable vs un-serviceable horses, feed or the lack thereof, dispersal of captured horses, horse recruitment camps, common treatment of horses in the field, etc. etc. If you want to know about the “what” and “how” of Confederate horses and mules this will interest you.

Ken R Knopp
Working...
X