More positive vendor experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More positive vendor experiences

As in last year, I ordered new items to upgrade my impression for the Memorial Day weekend. Everything I ordered arrived on time. I have to say that Wambaugh, White & Co has a remarkable turnaround time for orders of in-stock items like braces and socks, as I placed an order on the 10th and it arrived on the 14th. I wore a new Schuylkill fatigue coat (from Wambaugh, White & Co) for the weekend, and some of the other attendees were surprised to see blanket-lining instead of the usual cotton that other vendors use. I am also quite satisfied with the mounted trousers I received from the Stony Brook Company, although I lost a button at the end of the event because my braces (brand new from Wambaugh, White & Co) were a little too tight. And that was my fault. Otherwise, I am very satisfied with the fit, feeling, and appearance of the items I ordered from them (one fatigue coat, one foot trousers, two mounted trousers, one pair of braces, two pairs of socks). The nice little cap to the event was the small collection of material culture items I ordered from the Sutler of Fort Scott, especially the Gayetty's Medicated Paper. Those are great conversation starters with visitors. I definitely plan on ordering from these three companies in the future, as I further upgrade my mainstream-quality gear with the right items.
    Michael Denisovich

Bookkeeper, Indian agent, ethnologist, and clerk out in the Territory
    Museum administrator in New Mexico
Working...
X