Authentic period matches and container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic period matches and container

Does anyone make period correct matches and container for them? Any help is appreciated greatly.
    Mickey Holding

Did you check the vendor list on this forum? South Union Mills and one or two other sellers have match safes. I am not sure where to find the matches, but I believe that they should be strike anywhere matches.
    Dan Kohli

4th U.S. Artillery, Battery A WI.

Comment

South Union Mills has a couple of wonderful match safes. The matches are getting very difficult to find, diamond makes them, but they have light green heads on them. Very inappropriate in my opinion, and very noticable by the public and other reenactors. There are two options for the red headed strike anywhere matches, one is Cartwright strike anywhere matches, only available online or in the northwestern part of the United States. The other is Red Bird strike anywhere matches, and they are only available in Canada. So pretty slim pickens unfortunately.
      Kirk Womack Jr

Comment

I'll see if I can get the cartwright I've got the tin match holder ordered from south union mills already. Thank you both for all your help. Mickey Holding
        Mickey Holding

Comment

Working...
        X