Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knoxville Tennnessee CSA Supplies

Gents,

I am looking to do my CS impression of an ancestor of mine in the 31st Tennessee Infantry (later renamed the 39th Tennessee Mounted Infantry after Vicksburg due to Tennessee already having a 31st Tennessee under a commander of the same first inital and last name of my ancestors commander). I will be using several photos I have come across to help me with my Jacket and cap choices. These photos will help me on some other assortments they would have worn. Currently I have one photo on soft copy I can send to anyone that might want to see. I wasn't sure how to post the image on here.

I want to do my impression in the most accruate way possible!! The unit was formed in Knoxville, Tennessee in March of 1862. I am looking for any info on what kind of uniform supplies these men would have been issued during this time in the war in Knoxville (East Tennessee). I have very little of my uniform so far, so I will be looking to purchase a majority of it over the next 3 months. (I currently have waist belt & buckle, cap pouch, cartridge box & Strap, and tin cup). I would like to have before april (Jacket, Trousers, shirt, cap or hat, wool socks, brogans, suspenders, (maybe a cartridge box plate like in the photo I have), Haversack, canteen, & Blanket. So I have my work cut out for me.

This uniform will be used to honor my ancestors! Mostly used at Sons Of Confederate Veterans events and other Southern Heritage events. I will eventually move into full reenacting once I have more time to devote to it.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!
Working...
X