International Banking Influences on the Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Banking Influences on the Civil War

I have become very interested in the influence of International Banking on the Civil War over the last few years. I believe it cannot go under estimated. Several years ago I was doing a lot of research on imports into the Trans-Mississippi and several names kept popping up. I also noticed many supply agents not only selling items in the North but when they were unable to unload their goods on Northern receivers they were taking the goods to Monterey and Matamoras Mexico under the guise of selling them to the Mexicans but were in fact selling them to English banking agents in the Confederacy. One person that stood out in my research was Thomas W. House. Initially my impression when researching this topic years ago was simply that his position probably enabled him to skim millions off the Confederacy through Cotton and Gold. Well in fact more recent research is showing House may in fact been doing so deliberately as an agent of English International banking house of Rothschilds. In fact his son, Colonel Edward Mandell House, through previous contacts his father had set up completely dominated the Wilson Administration. There is no denying the training T. W. House’s son was given in his influence by his early education and contacts in England on Wilson Administration policies. In fact he was most influential in getting the Federal Reserve Act Passed, The League of Nations, and The Council on Foreign Relations. He also had associations with Marxist ideals organizations like the Fabian Society. Such policies were extremely beneficial to International Banking interests but now we are seeing the detrimental and negative impact of those policies in our own economy today.

The more I look at the politicking before during and after the War, I think the influences of Banking interests though infiltration through groups like the Knights of the Golden Circle to create propaganda and fueling unrest to profiteering during the war and then taking direct control of the US admistrations, politics, monetary policy after the war. Particularly of interest and warrant of further study is the issue of the “Green Back” and the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln.

I think this topic cannot be dismissed. Even looking back to previous conflics like the America Revolution and more directly to the point the War of 1812, it can be possibly said that the latter conflict was a direct result of not renewing the charter of the National Bank which was controlled by English Banking interests. But I have to believe the Civil War was a great learning tool and blue printing for International Banking interests perfecting their infiltration and funding both sides of a conflict. These practices continue today but have become perfected.

I guess my reason for writing this is wondering if any serious study has been given to this topic by modern historians particularly during the Civil War. If not are there any known memoirs of banking agents or agents of supply houses during this time frame that you all may know of that deal with this topic? Perhaps even a list of Import houses of the era and the agents in the Confederacy and the Union? Or possibly even blockade runners that discuss this topic to any degree? The papers of T. W. House are available in Texas but I have not had a chance to look at them. I really wanted to start with some memoirs especially those published before the 1920s or so. Memoirs of those times seem to be a little more revealing and tend to reveal a lot more reading them directly than just referenced by modern historian studies. Particularly some of those early memoirs provide through their lexicon double meaning on things the adept might catch where to the profane it would go unnoticed. I appreciate any leads and Thanks.
    Rich Saathoff
    [email]hardeeflag@yahoo.com[/email]

[URL="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2014:6;&version=9;"]John 14:6[/URL]
    [URL=http://greens-cavalry-corps.blogspot.com/]Green's Texas Cavalry Corps[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.arizonabattalion.com/]The Arizona Battalion[/URL]
Working...
X