1st Co. 7th NYSM at Ft. Federal Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Co. 7th NYSM at Ft. Federal Hill

Recently a seller on eBay has sold two of these and the third is currently up for sale (I hope he puts up more as I assume they came out of the album that once belonged to Charles A Jackson). They are great images of the same members of 1st Co., 7th NYSM at Fort Federal Hill. There are so many neat details in them.

So my question to the board is: knowing that the 7th seemed to have been photographed more than virtually any one unit, are these “new” never seen images of the 7thNYSM or are they just ones I’ve never seen?
    Attached Files
    Dane Utter
    Washington Guard

Re: 1st Co. 7th NYSM at Ft. Federal Hill

Dane, I've never sen these images. Image #1 is great. Let's hope there's more. ~Gary
    Gary Dombrowski
    [url]http://garyhistart.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

They're new to me! Love the correct Support Arms, and the Zouave jacket on the parapet!
      Marc A. Hermann
      Liberty Rifles.
      MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
      Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

They're definitely new to me, and probably unpublished. I'll have to ask Rick Carlile if he happened to buy them.

At the same time the first two albumens were for sale, a few dozen 7th NYSM cartes were up. I came close to dropping $500 on a signed CDV of Lewis Parmelee...he went onto become the adjutant of the 2nd USSS and was killed at Antietam while trying to rally the regiment. Don Troiani owns his pre-war militia coatee, knapsack, messkit, belt, cartridge box, and shako.
        Brian White
        [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
        [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
        [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Comment

Very cool, Dane. Nice to know you're still out there! Thanks for posting.
          Bob Williams
          26th North Carolina Troops
          Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

These are some really wonderful large format albumen prints, and I have never seen them published anywhere. Great details and fairly good condition.
            Scott Cross
            "Old and in the Way"

Comment

Originally posted by GreencoatCross View Post
              They're definitely new to me, and probably unpublished. I'll have to ask Rick Carlile if he happened to buy them.

At the same time the first two albumens were for sale, a few dozen 7th NYSM cartes were up. I came close to dropping $500 on a signed CDV of Lewis Parmelee...he went onto become the adjutant of the 2nd USSS and was killed at Antietam while trying to rally the regiment. Don Troiani owns his pre-war militia coatee, knapsack, messkit, belt, cartridge box, and shako.
              Greetings. I was the lucky high bidder on the signed Lewis C. Parmelee image as well as a camp scene that included him along with six of his comrades in Company H, 7th N.Y.S.M. The USMHI has this same view with all of the men, but one, identified. Ironically, the other signed CDV being auctioned at the time was that missing piece of the puzzle. I'm a longtime collector of Antietam images and now have roughly 150 images of soldiers who fought there.

Best wishes,

Scott D. Hann

Comment

Reviving an old thread...did anyone manage to save the images from the auctions mentioned above?
                Marc A. Hermann
                Liberty Rifles.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Did you click on the thumbnails in the first posting? ~G
                  Gary Dombrowski
                  [url]http://garyhistart.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Marc: Sent you a PM since I saved them but Gary's suggestion gets you the same place.
                    Bob Williams
                    26th North Carolina Troops
                    Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

I'm referring to the long-expired eBay link posted in Scott Cross' message.
                      Marc A. Hermann
                      Liberty Rifles.

Comment

Working...
                      X