Images.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images.

I don't know if these have been posted before but this link is pretty neat. What do you think?

http://www.mikelynaugh.com/VirtualCi...ls2/index.html

Many photos.

Tony Downs
    6th KY Cavalry, CSA

Re: Images.

Most of those images came from the American Memories LOC site. Too bad he didn't credit where they came from.
    [I][B]Terri Olszowy[/B][/I]

Comment

If you click on a photo, he does credit them. At least to the LOC. Most, if not all of the ones that I viewed were credited to the LOC by permission.

I found the group photo of the QM General's Staff of interest. With all the debate about 1860's hair styles, I think this is a good photo to study. With a majority of the men with hats in hands you can do a pretty good comparison. Correct me if this is a wrong assumption, but wouldn't these men have more access to a barber, and therefore a more stylish "do" ? At a glance, I found that longish hair(over the ears) was slightly more common that shorter styles. And the guy near the middle middle seems to have a growing buzz cut. But there seems to be a fair bit of variety amongst these "city slicker" types.

D.W.(Trace)Scalf
      D.W.(Trace)Scalf
      19th Alabama Infantry(Australia)
      [url]http://www.19thal.50webs.com/[/url]

“Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.”

"Only the dead have seen the end of War".
      George Santayana

Comment

When looking at the photograph on there of Lincolns gettysburg adress, youll notice that two of the front stacks of muskets have about 15 muskets on one stack. I cant figure out why they would do that.

Jon Bachmann
        104 PVI Co C McClellan Rangers
        Jonathan Bachmann

The Jefferson Guards

Comment

Working...
        X