Colorized Civil War Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorized Civil War Images

Just trying to give back to a great forum :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-nDQzp7G-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	230496
    thanks

Will Coffey

Why did not the Southern States wait and see whether A. Lincoln would interfere with slavery before they seceded." A federal Soldier's words left in a court clerk's office in Bennetsville, SC

Re: Colorized Atlanta Entrenchments

Wow, just amazing.
    Jason David

Peter Pelican
    36th Illinois Co. "B"
    Prodigal Sons Mess
    Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

That's cool. Where do find colorized pictures at? I would be interested in looking at more!
      Aaron Lutton
      51st OVI

Comment

I have more on my website, and I will try to post more on this forum if people are interested..

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.
        thanks

Will Coffey

Why did not the Southern States wait and see whether A. Lincoln would interfere with slavery before they seceded." A federal Soldier's words left in a court clerk's office in Bennetsville, SC

Comment

Will-

The detail color brings out never fails to amaze me! Great work and Thanks for sharing.

May I ask how long it takes to do one photograph?
          Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
          Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
          Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
          Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

Thats a trick question lol I don't they are ever truly done.. :)The Atlanta one took about 18 man hours, I would guess.. Its kind of hit and miss, just when you think you are done, there are details that you see that you missed and have to go back in and fix..I'm always seeing things I want to tweak, but you just get to a point where you think its as good as you can make it..
            Portraits, to me, are a magnatude easier and only take a couple of hours to do,as you don't have all the details in the background..
            thanks

Will Coffey

Comment

This site has enriched my knowledge so much I just wanted to do something to pay it back :)
              thanks

Will Coffey

Comment

Will-

Thank-you for taking that time because the pay-off is a whole new perspective!
                Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
                Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
                Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
                Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

Thanks so much will! I could spend hours looking at these!
                  Aaron Lutton
                  51st OVI

Comment

With the forums permission, I will post some more.. Should they be on this thread or seperate threads?
                    thanks

Will Coffey

Comment

Thats very cool! I got a "Civil War in Color" book for christmas, and it has hundreds of similar photos in it.
                      Julian New
                      26 NCT
                      Rumpus Regulators Mess
                      "I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." -William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

I think you could just put them in here with a discription of what they are.
                        Aaron Lutton
                        51st OVI

Comment

Name:	i-BxNxg8F-L.jpg
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	223734

Name:	i-K3Xk3k8-L.jpg
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	223733
                          Last edited by wilber6150; 03-05-2013, 11:34 PM.
                          thanks

Will Coffey

Comment

Mod Note: Will, I can change the title to say "Colorized ACW Pictures" if you wish. That way, you can continue posting in this thread.

BTW, nice job with Barnard's Atlanta photo. Maybe a little more "red" in the clay....
                            Last edited by Coatsy; 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM.
                            Herb Coats
                            Armory Guards &
                            WIG

Comment

Awesome Will!! Love looking at these and seeing what the black and white can't show us!
                              Chris Utley
                              South Union Mills
                              [url]www.southunionmills.com[/url]
                              [url]www.facebook.com/southunionmills[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X