Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Boot question

Gentlemen,

I have recently returned to the hobby and am in need of a good pair of brogans. I would like to purchase a pair that would as authentically as possible match the three seperate impressions I will be doing. The first would be an early war North Carolina ANV soldier, through '62, the second would be a Georgia AOT soldier during the Atlanta campaign and the last would be a Federal soldier also during the Atlanta campaign. I realize this is a tall offer. I am hoping some of you guys that have been researching these issues would have some insight. I thought I might try the English import Blucher or possible a civilian work boot. I realize that this would be best represented by three different shoes, but at $150 to $200 a pair I can't do that right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated, I realize that there is no positive answer but would like to see if there is some group concensus. As a side question what do you guys buy as far as size goes, your normal street shoe size or do you go oversize to accomadate heavy socks?

Thanks for any help you can offer
    Craig
Working...
X