Question from a new recruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from a new recruit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campaigners,

If the following question appeared before in a different forum, I apologize. I am new to the AC and placed it in the wrong section--sorry!

I am new to reenacting, and I want to upgrade my kit. I have a few general questions. For an Eastern Theater mid-war impression, would it be more authentic to purchase a reproduction Schuylkill Arsenal sack coat and trousers or purchase reproductions of contractor made sack coats and trousers such as those made by J. T Martin? Also, was it more common for an Eastern Theater soldier during mid to late 1862 to be issued an arsenal made cartridge box or a contractor made box such as C. S Storms. Who got what? Does it depend more on the regiment and location or the date that they were equiped? After researching for myself and asking questions of others, I plan to buy a sack coat made by Daley, Wedeward, or Wambaugh and White but would appreciate advice on what would be the best way to go.

Kind Regards,

Richard O'Flaherty
Working...
X