Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Rock Arsenal in search of authentic, full Federal gun crew

**Mods, please forgive if this is in the wrong folder**

The museum where I work at, as the Program Assistant, the MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History, is also the "tower building" of the 1840 U.S. arsenal. This building, and all the other buildings and shops that were here, were surrendered to Arkansas Gov. Rector in early Feb. of 1861.

This coming Spring, there will be a multi-site school day program planned for all the 5th graders within the City of Little Rock (roughly 2,000 kids), and the topic of their field trip will be the Civil War. These kids will go to various sites and museums where they will learn about the Civil War. Because of the significant roll that this arsenal played in the opening months of hostilities and the question of secession, it goes without saying that we will be a part of this multi-site visit by all the 5th graders in the City of Little Rock.

Therefore, I am in search of a high quality, authentic, full scale U.S. artillery gun crew, complete with full-scale gun and limber. If you have a team of horses, all the better, as the museum (i.e. the "tower building") sits within a 36 acre park, which is the original grounds for the U.S. arsenal back in 1840 (it's a bit smaller now than 172 years ago, due to development). So, there is plenty of space for you to park your trailers, drive your piece and limber around on the arsenal grounds, etc., without any worry. I desire artillery because it was the 2nd U.S. Artillery, Battery F that were here during the "Arsenal Crisis" in 1861, commanded by Capt. Totten. I would like to show these kids a high quality representation of pre-war, Regular U.S. artillery, as were here during the crisis in 1861.

If you, or any group that you can think of, would be interested in this one day program for roughly 2,000 Little Rock school kids next Spring, contact me at the museum at; nclark@littlerock.org, or by phone at (501) 376-4602. I am here at the museum M - F, 8 .m. - 4:30 p.m. One full gun, limber and crew would be fantastic, but if a full Battery of 6 guns could be here, all the better!

Thanks,
    Nic Clark
    2017 - 24 years in the hobby
    Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks
Working...
X