Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "Thank you smoochie smoochie post" from the organizer

Guys,
    This post is long over due but everytime I sat down to write it I ended up with a task at hand.

First I want to thank the ladies that even after their role was canceled in the event, donated their registration money to preservation, to the others, your money orders are now in the hands of the US postal service.

I'm going to keep this very brief and straight to the point.
    - Everyone that showed up and stayed through the rain (A LOT OF RAIN) proved a damn fine point to the staff of both the park and the city- when it rains, we get wet, and the total numbers that dropped off was about 5, which is pretty good considering the amount of rain that God graced us with that fine Alabama day.
    -Thanks to all who took part in the event, including the guys of the artillery who probably made the event for the majority of the people there. Sorry you guys didn't get to work the coastal guns, you will have your chance next time.
    - Utley, you da man.
    - I am sorry for the orange construction tape, and if it ruined anyone's time, they need to adjust their perspective, what was going on was a grant 10 years in the making, that was a bonus- your preservation dollars at work.
    - Sunday afternoon a group of us approached the park staff and presented them with $375 to be used however they wanted to. That in addition with the tables and shelves, as well as the extra food to be used for later events by the fort was well over $500 right off the bat. We also arranged for a sack coat to be sent from one of the vendors in the hobby for their museum, since the display currently has the man standing in a very poorly made white shirt and sky blue pants, to say the least, it will be a large improvement.

EDIT- One last thing, for those interested, I talked to a charter boat captain the Monday after Gaines and was told that the marker in front of Dauphin Island was reporting 65 mph gusts and 10 ft waves, that's about average for a tropical storm.

Thanks for everything
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: The Official "Thank you smoochie smoochie post" from the organizer

Patrick,

Sounds like y'all had a spendid time. How many folks ended up coming out?

Barry Bowden
    Barry Bowden

Comment

Working...
    X