• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions and some friendly advice

These are the directions to the town, as listed on the town website:
    ---------------------------------
    Dauphin Island, AL
    The Park and Beach facilities on Dauphin Island are accessable from I-10 using exit 17, state hwy 193 to the South.
    Driving, one will encounter two stop signs for the 23 mile trek to the Island.
    After crossing the four mile long Dauphin Island Bridge, Hwy 193 ends at the Water Tower Intersection.
    Ft. Gaines, the campground and the bird sanctuary are to the East; the fishing pier and beaches are to the West.
    Come visit Beautiful Dauphin Island.
    -----------------------------------

193 via exit 17A is a straight shot to the island. If you are coming from Mobile off of I-65 you will want to go west on I-10.

Friendly word of advice- DO NOT SPEED. I got popped yesterday and believe me, the fine is not cheap.

Just a heads up- Wendell Decker has told the park that he is still coming UNLESS it freezes (the chemicals he works with freeze at 45 I think) during the day or raining.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: Directions and some friendly advice

Well Patrick lad, seems you are easy to spot if you are still driving that speedster. Also it has been sometime since I posted on this forum, perhaps things will be on the upswing now. All those coeds just keep me so busy that I haven't even been able to get to any events this past year. Guess Abner has gotten totaly out of control with those stripes!!!!
    Wish I had a cool picture like you to post. Bet Pogue will get out and about during the night since he will have some company in his quarters.
    Pious

Dean Burchfield
    Last edited by dusty27; 01-02-2004, 02:44 PM.
    Dean Burchfield
    [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]WIG [I]The Old Guard[/I][/FONT][/B]
    Cleburnes
    Hard Case Boys
    Green Bottle Mess

[I][U]PM Joseph Warren #71 F & AM [/U][/I]

Un soldat sera long et dur combat pour un peu de ruban de couleur.
    Napoléon Bonaparte
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Comment

Re: Directions and some friendly advice

Hey Dean-o,

My Blazer is not as easy to spot as Colbi's yellow Mustang. Wish you were coming, hope to see you at the winter meeting.

Gentlemen,
      REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
      X