Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

After a little nap I am glad the Mill is now history (again). And unlike the orginal 140 years ago, there were no major casualities. Though there were a couple of scares. I for one learned it is possible for the two lead horse of a four horse artillery team to u-turn and let the two drivers face each other so they could kiss themselves good bye. Not a good thing to know.

Anyway let me take this oppertunity on behalf of Coley, John and myself to thank everyone that one donated to the fence rail drive and came to the event. I personnally think this one far surpassed the last.

Saturdays fight in the cornfield was the most realistic battle I have ever witnessed let alone been a part of. Using rammers really added a lot to the over all feel and really give a much better feel for true historic rates of fire. I know Rick and I were beginning to wonder if we could stop the blue wave that was desending on our position.

Seeing all those dead boys in blue when we came out from behind the fence and pushed accross the field was chilling. My hats off to the WIG and AOP. They really went above and beyond with the long hard march and then the fight. I think y'all did manage to miss one hill. Don't worry y'all can get it next time. And thanks for the wonderful spankin y'all gave us this morning. We really enjoyed that.

I want to thank Rick for allowing me the oppertunity to serve as his adjutant. It was a pleasure. Greg Pace did an outstanding job filling various roles as needed from Sgt Major to another man in the ranks. I don't think either Rick or myself would have any voice left it you had not been there. Thanks to Cory Pharr, Paul Jerram, and Marlin Teat and their respective first sergents. Y'all did a great job and made my life much easier. Thanks to the men in the confederate ranks. Everyone did what was asked of them and it was truly appreciated.

Lastly I want to thank Wayne, a member of the Friends of the Civil War Paulding County and long time support of Pickett's Mill, and Coley's brother. Without their tireless effort through out and before the event we could never have pulled this off. My hat is off to them.

Hopefully soon we will have some pictures and some official AAR's from the Federal and Confederate Battalions staff posted on the WIG website. Thanks again to everyone for making this a memoriable and successful event.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]
Working...
X