TAG Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAG Photos

I was wondering if there were any pictures out there of federals at TAG. I saw a couple of gentlemen with cameras taking some shots (even though cameras were aganist the guidelines) but I never found out who they were. I was glancing at the photos on the WIG website and they look pretty good. Thanks
    Grant Wilson

Re: TAG Photos

I was able to persuade one of the camera-toting Federals to snap a few pics of the civs at the cabin. A few weeks later I received a complete set of prints including several shots of the Feds and their camp. So far I've scanned only a few of the pics (all civ) but can finish up the rest of you want a look-see. Email me offlist at CandaceHRose@tds.net with your addy and I'll add you to the list.
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Grant,

The only individual taking pictures on the Federal side, that I knew of, was the battalion clerk. At that, he was so discreet I only saw him with a camera once or twice.

He was gracious enough to allow me copies of his photos, some of which will appear with an article on TAG in next month's Camp Chase Gazette.

If you email me offline I will give you his info, and maybe he can get you some copies. Several turned out very good.

Hope this helps.

Mike Phineas
      Arlington, TX
      Mike Phineas
      Arlington, TX
      24th Missouri Infantry
      Independent Volunteer Battalion
      www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

I also noticed the picture-taking fellow by the cabin. Funny how things change. Here's an email I sent the TAG civilian coordinator on May 21:

Joe Smotherman just posted the following on the A-C forum, and I wanted to double-check that it applied to the civilians at TAG as well, because an enforced ban on modern cameras really improves the experience for me at an immersion event. If this is true for the civilians also (and I assume it is), I'm going to breathe a sigh of relief and plan on enjoying the event even more!

"But, you will be glad to know that we will not be allowing cameras of any sort at The Advance Guard event. When we inspect the men, we will be looking for, among other things, cameras... The only images that will survive TAG are the ones taken in the parking lot before or after the event and the ones we will take home in our memories."
        The civilian coordinator responded "You may take a deep breath of relief....." and told me my assumption was correct.

Hank Trent
        hanktrent@voyager.net
        Hank Trent

Comment

Working...
        X