Perryville Wide Awake Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perryville Wide Awake Movie

The Wide Awake's Perryville Movie will premeire at the Norton Center for the Arts in Danville, Kentucky this coming Saturday April 14, 2007 at 7:30 p.m.
    It is free and open to the public. If you have any questions or need directions you can contact the Perryville Battlefield at 859-332-8631.
    Thanks,
    Chad Greene
    Chad Greene

Re: Perryville Wide Awake Movie

:D This is the news release for the event.

Perryville Film Premiere at Norton Center on April 14

The Perryville Battlefield Preservation Association (PBPA), a non-profit organization charged with preserving and interpreting Kentucky’s largest Civil War battleground, announces the world premiere of Wide Awake Films’ The Battle of Perryville: The Invasion of Kentucky, to be held April 14, 2007 at 7:30 PM at the Norton Center for the Arts at Centre College in Danville.

This event is co-sponsored by the Perryville Enhancement Project, the Danville-Boyle County Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB), and Wide Awake Films. The event is free and open to the public and invited guests.

Robert Lee Hodge, partner at Wide Awake Films and lead producer of the film said, “It’s a great opportunity to work on a documentary about the Battle of Perryville. We have a huge inventory of highly authentic footage we have shot over the last several months and are excited to share that with folks who are interested in American culture. From live-fire artillery to ground explosions to the storyline, this film is a cross between a Ken Burns documentary and a classic Civil War motion picture.

The video will be sold in the Perryville Battlefield gift shop and nationwide, especially at national battlefield parks.

“I am very excited about this premiere,” said Chris Kolakowski, Executive Director of the PBPA. “Wide Awake is a fantastic company with a track record of making award-winning films about the Civil War. The Battle of Perryville will help put Perryville on the map like never before.”

Adam Johnson, Executive Director of the Danville-Boyle County CVB, said, “This movie will be another great opportunity for people to see all that Perryville Battlefield has to offer its visitors and tourists. With two successful national re-enactments and now a world-class movie, I expect interest in the battlefield to continue its upward climb.”

Shane Seley, founder and partner at Wide Awake Films, said, “The preservation success at Perryville really made this a special project for us, and we hope we captured that magic in the documentary. It’s truly a special place in American history.”

The Perryville Battlefield Preservation Association is a membership organization charged with preservation and interpretation of the Perryville Battlefield and town. It oversees the Perryville Enhancement Project in conjunction with the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Boyle County, and the City of Perryville. Since 1991 the Project has preserved and interpreted over 400 acres of critical battlefield land along with several original structures in the City of Perryville.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joni House[/FONT]

Comment

Too bad it is this weekend, many will be at the Shiloh Living History event in Tennessee.:D Guess I will just have to purchase the film at a later date.;)
      Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
      John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Comment

Chad,

Is there a chance to they can play the film again at another date. I too wanted to see it, but will be out of town.:D
        Thanks
        Daniel MacInnis
        Adair Guards
        Commonwealth Grays
        [URL="http://www.westernindependentgrays.org"]WIG[/URL]
        [URL="http://www.westernfederalblues.org"]Western Federal Blues[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Greene View Post
          The Wide Awake's Perryville Movie will premeire at the Norton Center for the Arts in Danville, Kentucky this coming Saturday April 14, 2007 at 7:30 p.m.
          It is free and open to the public. If you have any questions or need directions you can contact the Perryville Battlefield at 859-332-8631.
          Thanks,
          Chad Greene
          You're really going to be impressed with this film. I have had the opportunity to see portions of this during editing and it is very well done.

They continue to raise the bar.
          Jay Stevens
          Tater Mess
          Independent Volunteers
          Iron Man Mess
          Reenactor Preservation Coalition
          Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
          Lost Tribes, October 2009
          Bummers, November 2009
          Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
          The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
          In the Van, August 2010
          Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by crabby View Post
            Too bad it is this weekend, many will be at the Shiloh Living History event in Tennessee.:D Guess I will just have to purchase the film at a later date.;)
            Perhaps we could talk Butler into showing the film on Sat. Night at the vistors center. Maybe Uncle Charles could make us some popcarn for the event. Just kidding of course.

RM
            Rod Miller
            [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
            A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
            1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
            1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
            1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
            1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
            Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
            1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
            Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

A perryville film would be an improvement over the dinosaur film in the visistors center

RM
              Last edited by Rmhisteach; 04-10-2007, 09:22 PM.
              Rod Miller
              [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
              A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
              1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
              1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
              1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
              1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
              Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
              1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
              Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Any idea when the pre-orders are going to be shipped out? I'm looking forward to this one.
                Grant Wilson

Comment

Grant,

Since none of the WAF folks have probably spotted your post to reply (they're busy finishing up post production on Perryville!), I'll just say that I've heard they plan to start sending out orders before this month is over. The premier is this weekend down in Danville, then they'll start duplicating, packaging & shipping following that.

Like Jay, I've been lucky enough to see some of the great footage they're creating to tell the story of the battle. All I can say is it'll definitely be worth the wait!

Dan Hadley
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

:DThe movie arrived today at Perryville - I sat down with my family this evening to watch the MUCH ANTICIPATED Perryville Movie.....
                    All I can say is Double Titts!

With all kidding aside I don't give praise lightly, but it was all it was susposed to be. I have been doing this for many years and I think that this is one of the best ones out there. The historic significance along with the reenactors that helped this project become a reality and the vision of park staff and the vision of the Wide Awakes - who I cannot possibly thank enough - this project is something to be truly proud of.
                    It has something for everyone.

Personally - please let me thank Mr. Rob Hodge, Shane Seeley and Ed Leydecker of Wideawake Films for their tremendous effort and attention to detail.

Again thanks to everyone for their attendence at Perryville 2006. Not only have we acquired 100 new acres, the 18th US flag is being restored, and now we have a truly good film that we can showcase.

Your Pard,
                    Chad Greene
                    Chad Greene

Comment

This is the official news release.

NEWS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

21 June 2007

Contact: Chris Kolakowski, 859-332-1862; Joni House, 859-332-8631

Perryville Film Available for Purchase

The Perryville Battlefield Preservation Association (PBPA), a non-profit organization charged with preserving and interpreting Kentucky’s largest Civil War battleground, announces that Wide Awake Films’ The Battle of Perryville: The Invasion of Kentucky, is available for purchase locally.

The films are available at the Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site gift shop, and retail for $24.95. The shop is open 9-5 every day during the summer. For more information, call 859-332-8631.

Each DVD includes a 76-minute film about the battle, footage from the 2006 National Civil War Reenactment, an interview with descendents, a tour with Ed Bearss, and a short film about the PBPA’s efforts to preserve and interpret Perryville.

“I am very excited about this film being completed and available,” said Chris Kolakowski, Executive Director of the PBPA. “Wide Awake is a fantastic company with a track record of making award-winning films about the Civil War. The Battle of Perryville will help put Perryville on the map like never before. Thank you to all our partners who made this film possible.”

The Perryville Battlefield Preservation Association is a membership organization charged with preservation and interpretation of the Perryville Battlefield and town. It oversees the Perryville Enhancement Project in conjunction with the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Boyle County, and the City of Perryville. Since 1991 the Project has preserved and interpreted over 400 acres of critical battlefield land along with several original structures in the City of Perryville. October 8, 2007 is the 145th Anniversary of the Battle of Perryville, which was the largest battle ever fought in Kentucky.

Just an FYI.
                      Your Pard,
                      Chad Greene
                      Chad Greene

Comment

I picked up my copy of the much-anticipated Perryville dvd and have to agree with Chad. Wow! As with previous ventures, Wide Awake continues to raise the bar and this is the best yet. I can only imagine what Wilson's Creek will be like. (Which is their next project.)

Anyway, it is available now on their website.... Bad Blood is also available and urge anyone who has not seen that work to grab it as well. BB is a departure from their normal documentary style but is very well done and I guarantee everyone will learn some things they didn't previously about how the tensions grew and the war was triggered.

Best Regards
                        Jay Stevens
                        Tater Mess
                        Independent Volunteers
                        Iron Man Mess
                        Reenactor Preservation Coalition
                        Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
                        Lost Tribes, October 2009
                        Bummers, November 2009
                        Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
                        The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
                        In the Van, August 2010
                        Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Working...
                        X