X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns!

Howdy men,

Got this fine image of the business end of the 10lb Parrott rifle that will be with Mr. Duffer's battalion. Also featured are the business ends of the battery horses.

A wee bit of eye candy.

Cordially,
    Attached Files
    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Re: Guns!

Fred,

Just out of curiosity, whose gun is it? Thanks.
    Timothy J. Koehn
    Boone's Louisiana Battery
    Supporting Confederate Memorial Hall, New Orleans, LA
    http://www.confederatemuseum.com/

Comment

The battery in question wishes to remain a bit "under cover." So for the duration of the event, we can fairly say the gun will be Mr. Duffers.

I'd disclose more but the Pinkerton boys are out and about all over.

Kind regards,
      Fred Baker

Comment

Pinkerton would tell you that there are ten guns, not one. I wouldn't worry about him.
        David Casey

Comment

Outstanding!

What an imposing sight that would be coming into view after cresting a hill....(Guess I better order an extra set of Drawers from Brian and Dan!)

Although I wish it was on the CS side, (C'mon, someone, rally to our cause!) it will definitely be a presence to reckon with and keep us honest. Thank these chaps for adding another great element to the event.

Fred, if we were closer to the river I have no doubt you would have somehow found a couple gunboats to the mix.

Best Regards
          Jay Stevens
          Tater Mess
          Independent Volunteers
          Iron Man Mess
          Reenactor Preservation Coalition
          Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
          Lost Tribes, October 2009
          Bummers, November 2009
          Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
          The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
          In the Van, August 2010
          Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

The guns will be on our side. There is just the small detail of having to capture them.
            Rick Biddle
            Co. A 4th VA Stonewall Brigade
            Co. A 15th TX Texas Ground Hornets

Minion of the Warlord

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - MG William T. Sherman

Comment

I can tell I am going to spend an extraordinary amount of time cowering in a ditch, as my house does not have a cellar.
              Terre Hood Biederman
              Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
              Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Fred,

When this is all said and done, could you PM me or email me with a contact for this battery. (sedlakchristopher@yahoo.com)

We are a new (2nd year) progressive battery in PA and are working on going horse-drawn. As you know, there are not too many out there and I'd really like to chat with these folks about many issues.

Wish we could be there, but previous committments dictate otherwise.

Best of Luck!

Chris Sedlak
                [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][/FONT]
                Christopher Sedlak
                Iron City Guards
                (1st PA Light Art'y- Bt'y G / 9th PA Res. - Co. C)
                [B][FONT="Arial"][I]"Sole purveyor of the finest corn silk moustaches as seen in the image above, adhesive not included"[/I][/FONT][/B]

Comment

Chris,
                  You wouldn't happen to have an older brother named Mark, would you?
                  Rick Biddle
                  Co. A 4th VA Stonewall Brigade
                  Co. A 15th TX Texas Ground Hornets

Minion of the Warlord

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - MG William T. Sherman

Comment

From a tactical and ease of operation standpoint, since we are chasing the yanks for this one, it makes sense to have the gun in blue. We might even get to see some retire by prolong!

It does make our job a bit more "exciting" - ditto on the two pairs of drawers

It is nice to see an event at this level where the ratio of 2 legged to 4 legged is a bit closer to the historical norm, with wagons and guns involved.
                    Soli Deo Gloria
                    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Anyone who wants to come aboard, bring a gun, caisson, 6 horses, light wagon, as well as the trailers and super-duty trucks needed to haul all that is more than welcome.

These lads are hardy men and they've manned up and answered the call. I'm happy to have them and I think they'll add measurably to the whole experience.

Tomorrow's the deadline fellows.

Kind regards,
                      Last edited by Charles Heath; 02-15-2007, 12:18 AM. Reason: Delighted to be assisting Fred with problem children.
                      Fred Baker

Comment

The funds involved in actually doing a mounted piece, along with the care and work it takes to do it is well worth it. If you guys aren't coming, then it shouldn't bother you one way or another.
                        Last edited by Charles Heath; 02-15-2007, 12:21 AM. Reason: Patching a minor pothole.
                        Patrick Landrum
                        Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
                        X