Clear All

Re: Weather Conditions

From AccuWeather:

Friday Daytime: Partly Sunny, High 82
    Friday Night: Rain, Low 62
    Sat. Daytime: Rain, High 80
    Sat. Night: Rain, Low 63
    Sun. Daytime: Rain, High 82

Another source says mid-80s both days and sunny!

Take your pick....

Silas....might reconsider your options!

J
    [FONT=Times New Roman]H. L. "Jack" Hanger[/FONT]
    [I]"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at with a rest, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!"[/I] Chickamauga, 1863

Comment

That's the NWS 7-day for the area.
      Becky Morgan

Comment

Let's face it folks, you may as well be using a Magic 8-Ball to determine the weather seven days out at this point. My experience has been they are right about 20% of the time, if that.

I'll check the forecast on Thursday. I will have some idea then. We'll be rigging for weather regardless. We're talking about the South, home of the biggest thunderstorms you ever saw--whatever the weather man says. One of my fondest memories is of being at a WIG LH on the Kelly field a few years back and riding out a meteorological apocalypse under a shelter tent all night long. The GHTI boys may remember it, it was where they built the "shelter condo." What a storm, but mmm, mmm good.
        Bob Muehleisen
        Furious Five
        Cin, O.

Comment

I live 45 minutes away from the battlefield. The most accurate weather report for this area is www.newschannel9.com As has been said, predicting N.W. Ga. weather 7 days out is best done on a crystal ball.

I've done living Histories there on days it's called for 50% chance, or better, and not seen any precipitation. Then again I've been soaked to the bone on days calling for "only a slight chance of scattered showers".
          Last edited by HighPrvt; 09-15-2007, 04:34 AM.
          [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]Howard Davis[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
          [I]Retired[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by H. L. Hanger
            Take your pick....

Silas....might reconsider your options!
            I'll take next weekend's Chickamauga weather over Seattle weather, thanks. My local forecast for the same weekend :

Fri
            Sep 21 Mostly Sunny
            67°/54° 10%

Sat
            Sep 22 Partly Cloudy
            65°/51° 10%

Sun
            Sep 23 Scattered Showers
            66°/54° 30%

The high in Seattle is in the same ballpark as the low in Chickamauga. I'm soooooooo looking forward to the warm weather. Fall is just beginning to show itself around here. Temps and the leaves will soon commence their yearly drop. I'll be wearing my wool coat to work within thirty days. Chickamauga is my last glimpse of how summer is supposed to feel.
            Silas Tackitt,
            one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Even though it will be alittle too late:http://www.weather.com/weather/weeke...nav_undeclared
              Cullen Smith
              South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Working...
              X