General Orders for Chickamauga!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Orders for Chickamauga!!

We are two weeks away from Chickamauga. We have a great turnout so far and I am still receiving registration for it.
    Drive safely and I look forward to serving you.

Chickamauga General Orders

1. Stepping off point will be the maintenance area of the park. We will meet there, form the battalion and march off at 11pm. If you can not make it by 11pm, please inform me prior to the event. Locating the battalion will not be easy after stepping off.
    2. Each man is to bring 60+ rounds.
    3. We will inspect arms prior to stepping off. The park will inspect arms on Saturday morning. We will use their rules for regarding ramrods. If they allow us to use ramrods, we will.
    4. Rations will be issued for the weekend prior to stepping off.
    5. Water will be available before stepping off and through out the weekend. Drink as often as you can for September in Georgia can be hot.
    6. Be prepared to sleep on arms Friday and Saturday night.
    7. We will have combined arms this weekend. Meaning we will have infantry and artillery represented and working together. Then infantry will have ANV and AOT represented as well. This is very unique for us but also a great opportunity for ourselves and for the spectators and the park.
    8. We will be doing demonstrations of skirmish battalion by the bugle. Officers and NCO’s are expected to know the calls and lead their men accordingly. Privates should know the calls as well and you should take time prior to the event to learn the calls.
    9. Be expecting drill during the weekend and even Friday evening after reaching our bivouac location. We are representing a well trained and disciplined army and I want to take every opportunity to make sure we present this.
    10. The schedule is aggressive. It will require discipline on each company’s part to be ready from the time reveille is sounded until the end of the demonstrations. Everyone needs to stay sharp and focused. We will have down time at the end of the afternoon but for 8 hours, we will be constantly moving, doing the demonstrations, getting water and rest when needed.

Art Milbert
    [FONT=Georgia]Art Milbert[/FONT][SIZE=1][/SIZE]
Working...
X