Originally posted by Eric Tipton View Post
    Oh, and I vote for image #3. ;)
    Where did I put that alert button?
    B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Re: AARs

Originally posted by trippcor View Post
      Hey we were trying to help . . .
      And indeed you did - I keep getting flashbacks from this one.
      Fer instance: I got up in the wee hours to use the piss pot, which was down at the other end
      of our prison; as I trod carefully on the casemate floors through the snoring, I could just make
      out the piss pot and the sentry outside the bars, the candle at that end must have expired or
      been extinguished. I said a few friendly words to the Billy there, we talked in hushed tones
      a short time, and I bide him good night. "Wait!" he said, and "Here, take these!" I came over
      by the bars, and two cooked, warm small sweet taters were pressed into my hands. I was
      so surprized, I don't remember if I thanked him. I never saw the face of the friend who fed me
      and my pards. If I neglected to thank him then, I would like to do so now.
      And this was just one incident in a full weekend. It doesn't get any better than this.
      Your most obedient servant and comrade,
      James C. Schumann
      Mess #3
      Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Re: AARs

Bumping this thread in honor of Hank Trent. One of the best first person events I ever attended. Read more about his role in this thread.
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
        X