Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 County Cloth Frock Coat Workshop - March 17th & 18th, 2007

Gentlemen,
    I am hosting a sewing workshop in Zanesville, Ohio in March that will be taught by Charlie Childs. We will be constructing single breasted CS frocks. This will be the third workshop that I have hosted with Charlie and I can attest that they are very educational. Not only do you get a garment made from the best materials and patterns in the hobby, but you also get to learn from one of the best uniform makers out there.

Anyone interested in taking advantage of this opportunity can contact me at ccclinic2002@yahoo.com The price will be $270 and the final date will be set shortly. We have not yet decided whether it will be in early or late March.

Thank you,

Adam Dickerson
    Last edited by paulcalloway; 01-18-2007, 10:12 PM. Reason: clarity
    Adam Dickerson

Frock Coat workshop

Has anyone seen this yet?
    Scroll down a little bit in the News section.

http://crchilds.com/id5.htm
    Isaac Forman

Comment

Re: 2007 County Cloth Frock Coat Workshop

Mr. Childs isn't among our membership here but this is a quality event where participants will learn garment construction techniques.

Adam, I hope the event goes well.
      Paul Calloway
      Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
      Proud Member of the GHTI
      Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
      Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Paul,
        Thanks for your support--I really appreciate it. I think this will be a great learning experience for all of us. We have already had a number of interested people, so there should be a good turn out.

Adam Dickerson

ccclinic2007@yahoocom
        Adam Dickerson

Comment

Since this is more of an event than it is a vendor discussion, I'm placing this in the events section.

Adam, when you finalize your dates, please let me know and I'll edit your thread title to include the most up to date information.
          Paul Calloway
          Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
          Proud Member of the GHTI
          Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
          Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Re: 2007 County Cloth Frock Coat Workshop - March 17th & 18th, 2007

Registration deadline for the clinic is Friday, February 9th. COntact me for details.

Thanks,

Adam Dickerson

ccclinic2007@yahoo.com
            Adam Dickerson

Comment

I guess I'm just confused about what I will get for my 270.00$ Do you have any more details to post?
              ~ Chris Hubbard
              Robert L. Miller Award Winner No. 28 May, 2007
              [url]www.acwsa.org[/url]

Comment

The way I read it is you get to make a frock coat using CC materials and pattern under his guidance. Just the way I read it.
                Adam I wish I could be there; However, I will be out of town on that weekend.
                Jake Nott
                4th VA CO A
                Anchor Lodge #283
                Valley of Columbus 32°

Comment

That is correct,

I'll get this one for you Adam :)

You pick out the fabric and and decide on any variations (ie... trim, lining, etc), the kit is then cut for you and will be assembled as much as possible during the two days of the clinic. Chas. does not sew any of the garment but he will guide you through the process. It is a rare oportunity to work with like minded individuals and be under the watchful eye of Mr. Childs. Not to mention that you will get to hear some pretty funny stories as well. It is worth every penny or at least 270.00, plus tax.

Scott Derick
                  Lilymess

Comment

Friday, February 9th is the last day to register for the 2007 County Cloth Frock Clinic. There are still a couple of spots left.

Adam Dickerson

ccclinic2007@yahoo.com
                    Adam Dickerson

Comment

Looks like this is canceled.
                      Ronald Fox
                      4th Texas(Utah Division)

Comment

Probably off of his website since the registration is closed.
                        Patrick Landrum
                        Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
                        X