Recruiting for Company D, 11th New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting for Company D, 11th New Jersey

Recruiting for Company D of the 11th New Jersey for the "After the Battle" event is underway. The core of the unit will be made up of campaigners from the Cumberland River Legion, the Susquehanna Rifles, 3rd USV and the 28th Mass, Co. B. We welcome any progressive/campaigner messes to join us for this opposing picket event on the original ground of the Slaughter Pen.

We are working towards fielding a company of about 45 men. Please read the event description, preservation goals and authenticity standards.

To join our company, note "Company D" on your registration form. For more information, please contact us at mherzog@28thmasscob.org.

Re: Recruiting for Company D, 11th New Jersey

Mark,

I just sent you an e-mail and I hope you got space for an orphan from South Carolina in Company D...
    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

From the sounds of Mark's plans for organizing Co. D and disseminating information to them, it should be a well-organized group.

The other Federal company, Co. I, will be commanded by "Grumpy" Dave Towsen and will include as its core the Columbia Rifles, Potomac Legion, and other folks & friends.

The Eleventh New Jersey was a new regiment at in December 1862 and had not yet seen battle. Companies D and I of this regment picketed the very ground on which the "After the Battle" event will be held, hence the selection of these two companies for the Federal portrayal for this event.

Those who receive mailings from CWPT know how many times you've been solicited for donations for the "slaughter pen" site. This event offers reenactors the opportunity to A) Help CWPT by highlighting the history that happened on this site, and B) Possibly even to raise preservation funds for CWPT if you would like to help in that regard (nice, requested, but not mandatory). Eventually, the CWPT "slaughter pen" site will probably be incorporated into the NPS's Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania National Military Park. It's quite possible that "After the Battle" will be the only time an opposing-forces event is held on this patch of ground.

Comment

Mark,
        If the Marine Corps does not give me orders for this summer... I will be here for the event. I hope to fall in with you guys again, it should be a great experience.

Kevin,
        I live less than two miles from the Slaughter Pen Farm and like I was telling Mark, unless I get orders this summer... I plan to be there. If so, let me know if there is any help that you need. With my proximity to the site... I would love to be of assistance.

Your servant,
        Mike Pretus

Semper Fidelis,
        Mike Pretus
        16th LA Inf

Comment

Thanks Mike! :)

Comment

And, if Co. D won't have you; Comapny I will!!!!
            [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
            Past President Potomac Legion
            Long time member Columbia Rifles
            Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Mark and Kevin,
              I had originally planned on going Fed for this event but because some of my friends that I am trying to get to make the event would prefer to go Confederate if they are to make the trip... I am going to have to go over to the other side. However... the offer still stands, since I live so close to the event site... please let me know if you need any help prior to that weekend.

Respectfully,
              Mike Pretus

Semper Fidelis,
              Mike Pretus
              16th LA Inf

Comment

Working...
              X