Campaign Company Information Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign Company Information Thread

Thanks for the info Scuba Steve. The fact that Buell's army went from Southern Tennessee/Nothern Alabama all the way up into Kentucky to confront Bragg's Cornfeds is a fact that is easy to overlook. Take a look at any of the maps showing the march routes and then add the mileage. Yeah, that's a lot of walking!
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Its been brought to my attention more than once that I've been slack on my obligations. I will be posting those names who have sent registration in throught May. If your wondering, and most of you are, rest assured I have them but have not processed any yet.

I did get a report the march route is approved and Matt Rector is working to add to this route that is through prestine country. All is on schedule and the TWM has a planned work weekend coming up soon.

This will be one hell of a event :)
      [SIZE=2][B]Mark Mason[/B][/SIZE] :cool:
      [SIZE=2][I]Tar Water Mess[/I][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2][I]GHTI[/I][/SIZE]
      [URL]http://http://www.ghti.homestead.com/[/URL]

Comment

In deed the march route has been officially approved. We are working on one other detail which will make this march even more interesting and challenging.
        I promise you guys, this march you all are going to go on will def. be unlike any other you have done. As Steve would say...It's gonna be tits!!!!
        Again, remember, there are only room for 40 guys. This group, Woodburn's Company, is filling up fast. Get you registration in before it is too late!!!
        Micah Trent
        Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
        Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Originally posted by markmason View Post
          Its been brought to my attention more than once that I've been slack on my obligations. I will be posting those names who have sent registration in throught May. If your wondering, and most of you are, rest assured I have them but have not processed any yet.

I did get a report the march route is approved and Matt Rector is working to add to this route that is through prestine country. All is on schedule and the TWM has a planned work weekend coming up soon.

This will be one hell of a event :)
          Where is the list posted? I looked on the event web site but no luck. I sent my registration in sometime in April...maybe even March, cant remember that far back.

Comment

I think the organizers will "get ur done" as soon as they can. :)
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

Here is the Organization and Service record of the company being portrayed

Organization

Organized at Indianapolis, IN, November to just before Christmas December , 1861.

Ordered to Kentucky at the end of December, 1861.

Duty at Bardstown and Lebanon, KY, until February, 1862.

Attached to

21st Brigade, Army of the Ohio, January, 1862.

21st Brigade, 6th Division (Wood’s Division), Army of the Ohio, to September, 1862.

Service

March through Central Kentucky to Nashville, TN, February 1862.

March to Savannah, TN, March- Early April.

Battle of Shiloh, TN, April 6-7.

Advance on and siege of Corinth, MS, Late April-May.

Pursuit to Booneville Beginning of June 1862.

Buell's Campaign in Northern Alabama and Middle Tennessee along line of the

Memphis & Charleston Railroad Late June to August. Little Pond, near

McMinnville, until the end of August.

March to Louisville, KY, in pursuit of Bragg August 30-September 26.
              [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][B]Steve Ewing[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][URL=http://tarwatermess.homestead.com]Tar Water Mess[/URL]
              [URL=http://ghti.homestead.com]GHTI[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]"There is something in the very air which makes every Kentuckian a soldier." Z. Taylor[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Found a really cool diary entry about the march up though West Point from a Capt from the 3rd KY...

Page 81

Enjoy,

Jordan Ricketts
                Jordan Ricketts

Comment

OK guys, we're 30 days out. We've got room for a few more in the Veteran Company. Tell your pards that have been dragging their feet to get their registrations in! Links to the event info and registration forms are at the top of this thread. This is going to be a good event with some pristine scenery that we'll march through before we get to the fort where more fun with the fresh fish will be had. Don't miss out, get registered!
                  Matt Woodburn
                  Retired Big Bug
                  WIG/GHTI
                  Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
                  "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Working...
                  X