Change for MSG for Pea Ridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Change for MSG for Pea Ridge

So which manual are we going to follow at this event?
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

I'm leaning towards Gilham's by virtue of it being the latest reference I have found mention of with the MSG.
      Between Kip and myself, I don't think either one of us can definitively place any one paticular manuel in the hands of the MSG at Elk Horn Tavern. Logic: go with the last one that was mentioned prior to the battle.
      Frank
      Frank Aufmuth
      When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Works for me.
        Michael Comer
        one of the moderator guys

Comment

I am reading a book Life in the Confederate Army by William Watson and it gives a good account of his unit the 3rd LA. He talks about Wilson Creek,Pea Ridge, Arkansas, and the battle of Corinth. At the battle of Pea Ridge he talks about his brigade being attacked by US Dragoons and ready about the privations and poor rations and lack of clothing is very interesting. This is a plain narrative about what the ordinary man had to endure. How they did it I do not know.
          Thomas J. Alleman
          "If the choice be mine, I chose to march." LOR

Comment

Robert Wiseman and Robert Serio have been pouring over some microfilm on the 3rd LA. I had a rather lengthy conversation with Wiseman the other night on the subject. One of the more interesting things that came out of it was the issue of uniform parts and such just before Pea Ridge. I hope Wiseman pipes in here as he has all the actual info on this.
            Mitchell L Critel
            Wide Awake Groupie
            Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

You see that's what I tried to say earlier although Mr. Black at the park could only give vague references. I ended up looking like the villiage idiot. So I hope he pipes up too.
              Frank
              Frank Aufmuth
              When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Working...
              X