Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Ride

Folks,
    I am looking for a ride from Corbin,KY to Pickett's Mills.Corbin is on I-75 half way bewteen Lexington,KY and Knoxville,TN.If you will be traveling down this route and need help with gas money,I can.Heck,I gave blood to get $10 for a trip to Craven's House.Ask Pat Lewis about it.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Re: Looking for Ride

Now that's what I'm talking 'bout...some body give this man a ride a fo' he bleeds to death !
    Dennis Neal
    "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
    David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
    Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
    [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
    J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Comment

Cullen, you may want to ask Brian Chastain, him and Chad are attending the event. That would be a straight shot ride right out of Corbin. Hope this helps.
      F & AM Chandlersville #858, Kentucky

"SLAVE STATES, once more let me repeat, that the only way of preserving our slave property, or what we prize more than life, our LIBERTY, is by a UNION WITH EACH OTHER!" ---Jefferson Davis

Comment

Cullen,
        Jon's right...the old war wagon will be rollin by there. We will probably see you in a few or you can email me.
        Brian Chastain
        Breckinridge Greys
        Independent Rifles
        WIG

breckinridgegreys.org

Comment

Cullen,
          Drop me your email address and I will add your name to the company email list.
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

Cullen, glad you decided to come and join the right company.
            Heath Potter

South Union Guards
            Star and Crescent Mess
            A.E.K.D.B.

Bummers
            Franklin Preservation March
            Backwater 1865

Comment

Originally posted by tenfed1861 View Post
              Heck,I gave blood to get $10 for a trip to Craven's House.Ask Pat Lewis about it.
              The boy ain't lying, either...rode down with track marks in his arms and everything. Though somehow, I was the one who ended up bleeding more that weekend... lousy knife-play in the sub-freezing darkness.
              [FONT=Garamond]Patrick A. Lewis
              [URL="http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/"]bullyforbragg.blogspot.com[/URL]

"Battles belong to finite moments in history, to the societies which raise the armies which fight them, to the economies and technologies which those societies sustain. Battle is a historical subject, whose nature and trend of development can only be understood down a long historical perspective.”
              [/FONT]

Comment

I am looking to either ride with someone, or looking for someone who wants to ride with me. I coming from Shreveport, Louisiana and will be passing through Vicksburg, Jackson, Birmingham. I would like to rent a car that has better gas mileage than mine and who would like to help split the cost of the car and gas. Write to me at nbclark78@gmail.com if you are interested.
                Nic Clark
                2017 - 24 years in the hobby
                Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Comment

I would like to share a ride. I live in northwest Alabama. If you will be traveling this way IM me. We can ride in my wife's focus we could squeeze in 3 with our gear.
                  Mark Waddell

Comment

I am coming from Texas, and since no one felt the need to reply to my earlier post, I will send another invitation to those in the states between myself and GA. I'll be rolling along I-20 most of the way and plan on leaving the DFW area in the EARLY a.m. Friday morning. Driving solo to this doesn't really excite me that much, but all-nighters aren't new to me either. If interested, my email is harlasc@hendrix.edu. Or you can give me a shout at 817-975-6316. I drive a Ford Explorer which gets decent milage to the gallon and has room for five including myself and gear. Either way, looking forward to it.
                    Take it easy.
                    Sean Harla
                    P.S. - Tunes are not an issue:wink_smil

Comment

We are looking for car poolers to help us "all" save on gas. Anyone coming east through Mississippi on Thursday?? Here's our plans...

Two of us (with a horse trailer) are going. Joe will leave Jackson Miss about 6 a.m. Thursday morning to pick me (Ken) up in Meridian Miss at 8 a.m. on Thursday morning. Our plans are to get to Picket's Mill well before dark on Thursday aft. "Maybe" do some sight seeing of CW sites around Atlanta on Thursday afternoon if it can work out. Maybe/maybe not. How does that sound? Anyone interested send me a email.

Ken R Knopp
                      krk1865@bellsouth.net

Comment

Ken, I'm 2 hours south so the ride is not an issue to me, but IMHO, you will be on the best CW site in Georgia. Maybe the most accurate to the moment of the battle anywhere. Rode the route yesterday. It is beautiful ground. It is exactly as our ancestors saw it.
                        If you are carrying modern arms you can go into atlanta!!!!:baring_te
                        Really, the History Center might be a good sight, low combat status in that area!! Contact Gordon about seeing the stuff off display.
                        Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
                        Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Working...
                        X