Review and New for Federals Going to Pickett’s Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review and New for Federals Going to Pickett’s Mill

Be aware of the developing bottle-neck in the Chattanooga area if you are coming down I-24. We've had a stretch of bad luck/overuse of late. Bad traffic jams coming around Moccasin Bend and across Missionary Ridge. There is some construction on 75 south just below the GA line also. Many new Chattaburbanites live in Catoosa and Walker County so that could lead to some serious slowdowns on a Friday afternoon. Happily the backups aren't as long-lasting as the ATL ones but do be ready to slow down for a while if you come through Chattanooga between 5 and 7 or so.

db
    Daryl Black

Comment

That does offer a lovely view of the river and the (?) period house and monument up on the mountain
      Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
      Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Well as of 2 weeks ago, going North up 75 from Valdosta it is fairly clear. There are still some Contruction spots here and there but overall was manageable. If anyone knows different please give me a headsup.

Comment

That downtown construction is a repaving project that kicks off at night after 9pm, and on the weekends, so it might be more of an issue going home than arriving. I travel home from Marietta through downtown each day to Decatur and it takes about 45 minutes (the traffic volume either way on the connector is usually about the same in the afternoon.) It sucks, but it's not a show-stopper. However, if you're coming up from the south on 75 or 85, you might consider hopping on the I-285 Connector, heading west, to I-20, and take that west to Exit #44 (Thornton Road) per the website directions, and then head north to the park.
          If you have the opportunity to get on line before you hit Atlanta, here is a real-time traffic map with volume that the GDOT maintains:

Travis
          Travis C. Hébert
          -------------------------
          Armory Guards / W.I.G.
          ACWRT,GBA,CWT
          -------------------------
          "Flag taking was pretty well knocked out of me" Lt Wm. Pennington, 6th Wisconsin, Co. I

Comment

If you are coming up I-85 from the south you will hit construction from Columbus to Atlanta. However, you would be coming against out-going traffic and I have not found it to be a problem except morning rush-hours. There is also a route from Newnan on I-85 up thru Carrolton that can by-pass any bad traffic when coming up I-85 from the south. If coming from the north heading south on I-75 you will want to get off the RedTop Mtn exit and then south on 41 (Cobb Prkwy) and then south on Hwy 92 into Paulding County (these directions may have already been mentioned somewhere). Godspeed and safe journey down here. I am looking forward to it!

Regards,
            Jim Butler
            Jim Butler

Comment

Leaving for Georgia, TONIGHT

Everyone have a safe trip and we'll see you all Friday.

Steve "Going to Waffle House" Acker

Comment

Working...
              X