Progress Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress Report

Planning and site work for W64 2008 is coming along well. The next site workday is scheduled for August 4, and permission to use a certain piece of land for the event was recently secured, immensely helping the scenario planning and hopefully the quality of the event, and enhancing the experience that participants will receive.

Remember, this event is FOUR days long. Plan to attend for all four days (Wednesday evening through Sunday midday). When registration opens (late October, 2007) we are expecting that the only folks registering are those who are commiting to attending for all four days. If you plan otherwise, you're taking a bunk away from someone else who CAN attend for all four days.

Progress Report, August 8, 2007

The August 5 workday was fruitful and much was accomplished at the site. Decisions were made regarding relocating a few of the new facilities, and I think the proposed changes are certainly for the better.

Work continues apace as we refine the scenario plans and continue efforts at acquiring the materials necessary to make the "scenarios" happen. Enthusiasm for this event's 65 or so available bunk spaces seems to be better than ever, at least based on the e-mail coming in.

When registration for this one opens, if you really want to attend, my advice is to not be tardy. I believe the available slots will fill up quickly, and after that it's a waiting list in case someone registered can't attend.

This is a FOUR-DAY event. Don't even think of registering if you're not planning to truly commit to being there from Wednesday afternoon/evening through midday Sunday. There seems to be plenty of interest from folks who can and will be there for four days, so if you cannot do all four days, please let someone else who can come from Wednesday through Sunday register for it instead.

Interested in attending? Please sign up for the W64 Yahoo Group (URL in my signature line below). Traffic on the Yahoo Group is light at the moment, but it'll heat up in the autumn. On the group we try (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) to keep the "banter" down so that group members' mailboxes aren't filled up with banter not really applicable to the event.

Comment

Working...
    X