Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter of '64 - The review and thanks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Lloyd
    replied
    Re: Winter of '64 - The review and thanks...

Hello!

Just got back...

1) "No, Marse Craddock... you cain't have my blane weapon..."
    2) -"You Leichtman, have a propensity for speech..."- "Boy, did you jest call me a loudmouth in a nice way???"
    3) Jellied eel... just like grandma makes... and Mr. Runyon does too, I see.
    4) Directions for use: Please cant to an angle and "aim well".
    5) Doom... how'd THAT get there? Wait, scratch that- I don't wanna know.
    6) THE BONE
    7) Awkward Mess
    8) Anyone for a round of Chuck-a-luck after I lost my money?
    9) "Dang, Dutchie...did you take a buffalo to the sinks?"
    10) LA-Rooosh- make me a rich man!!!
    11) You suh, are a liar and a cheat...
    12) "It ain't a parade... it's the Ice-Capades."
    13) "May the evil Hindoo gods from deepest, darkest Africa strike you down for your heresy!"
    14) "Ugh... it tastes like the devil himself shat in the pot."
    15) "Dancin' thar on your little pope-ish throne..."
    16) "Uh... So... I guess that means we're all 'jacked-up' in here, I reckon."
    17) The Haint sez: "Don't vote for Lincoln..."

Oh... and-

18) Sol-jah, remember to hydrate before worshipping at the altar of...

VESUUUUVIUS!!!

Huzzah! Awesome event.

Thank you to all for a memorable experience.
    If you ever need me for anything, you need only ask-

Your friend and compatriot,
    Johnny Lloyd
    (George Leichtman, Company H/151st NYSV)
    Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 02-24-2008, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spinster
    replied

Originally posted by BillO'Dea View Post
    That rattle seemed to spin faster as the Unionist's idiot son got more nervous.
    Bill O'Dea
    Saltboiler mess/122nd NY
    Glad you recognized that little gem of a toy for what it was Mr. O'Dea---a fine repro watchman's rattle that has done a good deal of fine mischief in its life. Our Mr. Morgan does manufacture wonderful things with which to manufacture trouble.

In airplane baggage wayyyyy too full of multiple props and outfits for multiple roles, that one little item spoke loudly "take meeeeee", and I did not know what it was for until the morning of...........

Some things give great pleasure in the owning---others in the knowledge that they will never see the light of day again. Once a few other things are completed, this particular watchman's rattle will be available to be auctioned for the benefit of the Authentic Campaigner Preservation Project.

What the winner does with said rattle is his bizness. :D

Leave a comment:

• BillO'Dea
    replied

I enjoyed very much the company of 7 men and a wonder dog whom can sing patriotic songs and happy birthday in a 10 by10 hut, Only slipped three times and the last one Sunday banged the elbow on the edge of a bench, There was much slippage over all. Won three bucks on "Roooooooooooooosh". That rattle seemed to spin faster as the Unionist's idiot son got more nervous. Doing picket as a johnny by the ford with the ice jam was pretty. Nice turning out to the fife and drum camp calls for four days. Learned seven pairs of boots dry out over night nicely hanging in the rafters. Like the found gifts to the boys from Mr. Beasley.
    Bill O'Dea
    Saltboiler mess/122nd NY

Did I mention I was able to watch the Eclipse of the moon while standing Sentinel in a snowy woods :)
    Last edited by BillO'Dea; 02-25-2008, 04:17 PM. Reason: was tired and left some neat stuff out

Leave a comment:

• Pvt_Sullivan
    started a topic Winter of '64 - The review and thanks...

Winter of '64 - The review and thanks...

Originally posted by WoodenNutmeg View Post
    Newfane, NY @ 4:00 PM EST
    Mostly Cloudy
    24°F (Feels like 13°F)
    It was down right frigid. I was thankful that I had no duties that evening and the inmates of "Fiddler's Green" spent the night talking politics, singing songs and sharing the largess of our boxes from home.

Originally posted by WoodenNutmeg View Post
    Newfane, NY @ 12:00 PM EST
    Snow
    27°F
    A group of us were preparing to head out for Picket Duty. It ended up being much colder I believe, although I had acclimatized and didn't feel a need for my Overcoat anymore at this point...

Originally posted by Pvt_Sullivan View Post
    seeing as I am portraying a Soldier who was also a Methodist Minister. I will place my future in God's hands and do my best to do his work today in our world.
    I tried to do justice to my assignment, Pvt William Blowers: aged 69 yrs; Methodist Minister, loving Husband and Father of three girls.

It was hard with the unending vice and profanity of Army Life. The Lieutenant repeatedly offering me a chance to place a wager on a Prize Fight amid the gambling, lurid conversations and intoxicating liquors.

Luckily the fatigue details, dress parades, roll calls, guard duty, picket duty and provost guard managed to keep the Battalion occupied and free from an excess of vice.

I did slip in the end, when the White Star Saloon opened I shifted from being 'William' and became "Willy" who was a Soldier more in keeping with my personal character or lack there of. The chance to drink cold beer and lose $10 playing Chuck-A-Luck was too much for my weak soul.

My sincerest thanks to my fellow Soldiers, the NCO's, Officers and our Civilian Interpreters for making my first Tier One event the experience I had hoped it would be.
Working...
X