X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Federal Blues at Conner Prarie

Hello All,
    The Western Federal Blues will be attending the Conner Prarie event on May 16 - 17, 2009 in Indianapolis, Indiana. We are looking to field a full battalion for that event under Steve Dunfee commanding. If you don't know Steve he was the Lt. Col for the AOP and is one fine fellow whom I have the honor of serving with in the AOP for many years. Please look at the westernfederalblues.org for impression information, historic research and registraiton information. We will provide a full ration program as well as other living history expreinces. If you would like to field a company or come as an individual you will find a first rate historical exprience with the Western Federal Blues.
    Thanks,
    Chad Greene
    Chad Greene

Re: Western Federal Blues at Conner Prarie

im there chad! looking forward to it!
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4][B]David Wellerding[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]Mess No. 1 [/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[URL="http://www.mess1.homestead.com"]www.mess1.homestead.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.6thohio.homestead.com"]www.6thohio.homestead.com[/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[B][FONT=Arial]"Grant stood by me when I was crazy and I stood by him when he was drunk. Now we stand by each other."[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]-William Tecumseh Sherman[/FONT][/B]

Comment

Is that not the same weekend as Resaca?
      Jordan Roberts

Widow Makers Mess
      Red Clay Volunteers

Comment

Chad,
        Long time no see! I am back in Indiana now and would be honored to serve under your command again at Conner Prairie. I have a lot of fond memories of my time with the old 42nd and look forward to falling in with the WFBs in May.
        Hope all is well,
        Clay "Snowflake" Pendleton
        Clay N. Pendleton
        Muncie, Ind.
        Memberships:
        CWPT, NTHP, AASLH, AAM, Phi Alpha Theta, NAWCC

Comment

Clay,
          Welcome back! You are more than welcome with us at Conner Prarie. Go to the Blues website and get registered. I am working on putting together rations etc for our campaign. It is going to be a fine time and I am looking very forward to seeing old pards.
          Chad Greene
          Chad Greene

Comment

All,
            Just an update. We have well over 30 people registered so far. If you have not gotten registered please do so asap. You can register at www.westernfederalblues.org
            It is going to be a fine old time. Get registered!
            Your Pard,
            Chad Greene
            Chad Greene

Comment

Western Fed. Blues Registration deadline for CP Indianapolis in May

All,
              We are looking very solid for Conner Prarie. We should be able to field 3 companies for the event. So far committed is the 33rd Ohio, 6th Ohio, 42nd Indiana, 10th Kentucky, Sucker Boys and several independent fellows. This is a tremendous bunch of pards to all come together. We are all striving to show honor to the Western Federal Soldier.

If you are interested in attending the event on May 16 - 17, 2009 at Conner Prarie in Indianpolis, Indiana there is still time to register. There is still room in the 3rd company for good rifles. If you would like to go and have a good experience and a fine old time come out with us. Give us a look. I am sure you will like what you see. We have planned a full living history exprience with many ammenities. There will be a full ration issue, pay call etc. This is a well rounded program and will certainly give each attending a great exprience.
              You can register on the website at www.westernfederalblues.org for this event.
              Thanks and hope to see you in the ranks.
              Chad Greene
              Chad Greene

Comment

Greetings Chad,
                I am looking forward to Conner Prarie.
                I will need to detatch myself from my beloved 6th Ohio to be one of your Quartermaster Sgt.s.
                Issuing those great rations and pay call was fantastic at Perryville last fall.
                I am ready to do it again at Conner Prarie.
                Huzzah! for the Western Federal Blues.

Your Obedient Servant, Sgt. Dan Girton, Company A, 6th Ohio

Comment

Registration for Conner Prarie Due For The Blues

Pards,
                  We have just a couple days left for registration. We will be turning in our official roster to Conner Prarie on April 28. If you want to attend and have not gotten registered do so ASAP. If you are interested in coming let me know asap and I will add you on the roster so that I can get it in.
                  Get Registered!!!! Going to be a GRAND TIME!!!
                  Looking forward to seeing you on the field.
                  Your Pard,
                  Chad Greene
                  Chad Greene

Comment

Chad,
                    I am looking forward to hittin the field with the WFB's. I hope to have enough opium for all ;) . Not to mention, extra medicinal whiskey for the Officers . . I mean, for the field :D.
                    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][I]I Remain, Your Obedient Servant[/I]
                    [COLOR="Black"][B]Jimmy "Doc" Nelson[/B][/color][/font]
                    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Daylight Lodge # 760 F&AM
                    Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels[/FONT]

[I][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]In honor of my 3rd Great Grandfather: "John Daniel Nelson", Surgeon, 4th Georgia Infantry, CSA[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Chad,
                      I registered a while back under the WFBs but now, I unfortunately may have to divide my time a bit if possible as it turns out a lot of pards from the past will be there under different banners. I am trying to figure out a way to satisfy these different affiliations so I don't snub anyone. If this "divided loyalty" for the weekend doesn't work, PM me and let me know.
                      Thanks,
                      Clay
                      Last edited by claynpendleton; 04-21-2009, 11:31 PM. Reason: typo
                      Clay N. Pendleton
                      Muncie, Ind.
                      Memberships:
                      CWPT, NTHP, AASLH, AAM, Phi Alpha Theta, NAWCC

Comment

Clay,
                        I understand wanting to see old pards - please take time to see them. I would like to have your rifle as much as I can for the event - we need good men. The Blues only do events a couple of times a year so we hope you can spend a good amount of time with us.
                        See you at Conner Prarie.
                        Chad Greene
                        Chad Greene

Comment

Mr. Greene,

Just wanted to take the time to thank you for leading us at Conner Prairie, had a truly great time!

Off topic, your stepson Jacob (my memoring serving me?) was trying to pass some info on to me and I forgot to catch him before I left. Hopefully he can get that to me now.

Thank you,

Tyler Habig
                          Tyler Habig
                          49th Indiana Co. F
                          [B]Tanglefoot Mess[/B]

[I]Proud Descendent of:[/I]

[I][SIZE=3]Aaron T. Kinslow[/SIZE][/I]
                          [I][SIZE=3]Co. D 6th Ky Reg Ky[/SIZE][/I]
                          [I][SIZE=3]Vol C.S.A.[/SIZE][/I]
                          [I][SIZE=3]Born Dec 17, 1842[/SIZE][/I]
                          [I][SIZE=3]Died Jan 31, 1862[/SIZE][/I]
                          Bummers
                          Backwaters

Comment

Gentlemen,
                            I am sorry for the delay in sending this out, but with Joni's mom passing away right before this event we were somewhat overwhelmed when we returned home.

First let me say that I am very honored to have had such a first rate group of folks with us at Conner Prairie. I am as proud as I can be of each and everyone of you. You did a fantastic job of honoring those men who wore the blue. I have heard nothing but good things about the Blues and those who served with us at Conner Prairie. We certainly did an outstanding job at that event and t hings are coming together very well for us - we seem to be growing nicely. I just wanted to express to each and everyone of you what a pleasure it was to command such a fine group of individuals.

We finally finished editing all the photos and getting through them all. We should have those on the website by next week with the AARs of the event posted there as well.

We did very well with the raiton program and was able to provide everyone with additional and exceptional rations. The event provided some rations, but the Blues ate very well with the hard tack and fresh pork. We were also able to donate a small amount back to Conner Prairie for their preservation and interpetation efforts.

This was a GREAT first event for the Western Federal Blues. Please be on the look out for information about Perryville which will be coming out very soon.

Thank you again for making this such a great experience and doing the boys in blue a great honor.
                            Your Pard,
                            Chad Greene
                            Chad Greene

Comment

Blues website updated with CP images and AARs

Hello All,
                              The Blues website is now updated with all the images and AARs from Conner Prairie.
                              Sorry it took so long, but real life issues with my family made things move a little slower than usual. We started the images off with Ms. Bailey Foust and her funky hair do! Hope all enjoy. Be looking for the Perryville information for the Blues it should be up by next week.

Your Pard,
                              Chad Greene
                              Chad Greene

Comment

Working...
                              X