X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Federal Blues at Conner Prarie

Chad,

I am glad things went well at Conner Prairie. Unfortunatley, SCAR was at Resaca, so I am sorry we could not support the effort. As you guys are campaigners, can we count on the Western Federal Blues to support any of these future c/p/h events?

Assault on the Allegheny - July 24-26, 2009
    The Lost Tribes, MO -Oct 2-4, 2009
    Winter 63 Vicksburg, Miss - Feb 6-7 2010
    Backwater, LBL - TN - March 12-14, 2010
    Bummers 09, Molena GA - Nov 13-15, 2009
    Perryville LH 2009, KY - May 2010 (not the big event, but Jim Connellys event)
    Fight for Cramptons Gap - June 11-13, 2010
    WIG/SCAR Outpost, N. GA - early Sept 2010
    Struggles of Secession - Westville, GA1863 - Oct 20-24, 2010
    Effusion of Blood - Fort Moultrie, SC - Jan 2011

Let me know? Who is "Us"?

Thanks,
    Jim Butler
    SCAR www.scarreenactors.com
    Jim Butler

Comment

Jim,
      As I indicated to you in my response to your personal email, asking exactly the same thing, two days ago - that we would be considering some of these events. I had alread indicated to you that Bummers was out due to family commitments.
      I am not sure what you mean by who is "us." "Us" would be defined as the men who serve under the mantle of the Western Federal Blues. We are a collective of like-minded individuals - I do not care for titles like "campaigner" or "mainstream" etc. Rather I prefer "living historians" and more importantly "preservationists" as our moniker. Although the authenticity of the uniform is important it is considerably more important that the individual have the right mindset. I am very proud of the fact that we were able to give a small donation to Conner Prairie's interpretation and preservation effort.
      We do not ask for membership in the Blues. We have a very good base of people who do most of the groundwork for our organization. We provide the program and then ask for folks to fall in with us and they come from every end of the hobby. They are required to meet our standards, but more importantly exhibit the right mindset. That is to honor the men who originally wore the uniform.
      Jim-you and the men of the SCAR know me well as we have served together in the AOP. You know the my metal and my mindset. We have had several conversations in the last year about all of the issues facing our hobby. The Western Federal Blues will be working hard to help restore that long blue line.
      Your Pard,
      Chad Greene

Chad Greene

Comment

The idea of the question, "Who is 'Us'"? has nothing to do with labels or the quality of the reenactor. It has nothing to do with labels like 'campaigner' or 'hardcore' or 'mainstream'. "Us" are the reenactors who make it a priority to support and attend quality EBUFU events. By that definition, the WFB is NOT "Us". If you are a reenactor who claims to be part of the c/p/h community, and yet never or rarely supports the community by ATTENDING c/p/h events then how are you helping our cause? Adjunts are just fine, but they should be secondary to supporting c/p/h EBUFU events. If you are part of a football and team, yet you never even come to the football field and telling the rest of us to come play baseball, how does that serve the football team? And frankly, why shoudl we attend the baseball game when there is little chance we will see you support the football team? It has nothing to do with how good a football player you are (that is a seperate discussion).
        The fact I have to explain "Who is 'Us'?" speaks volumes.

There will be a long blue line at Bummers 09...will the WFB be part of it?

In spite of that, we have shared the field many times at many venues, but my true hope is that your experience and expertise can also be used and appreciated at c/p/h EBUFU events in addition to adjuncts at mainstream events.

Regards,
        Jim Butler

"If you are the worlds best reenactor and only attend mainstream events, you are still a mainstreamer! You are NOT "Us"!
        Jim Butler

Comment

Jim,

The 16th Louisiana had along talk about this...."what is "US" and all". we decided that the 16th can not be a "US", but we can be a "WE". We decided that we were going back to re modify our foxhole. Our goal by our tenth year anniversary is to have raised 100k for preservation. We are at the 80K mark. One of our proudest accomplishments was the restoring of the 16th Louisiana Battle Flag (18K) which now hangs in Confederate Memorial Hall in New Orleans.

We decided that WE are going to take each event at a time, talk it out and see if it fits WE. We do a preservation events for our project (Camp Moore) and our Mainstream Friends do Port Hudson. We have spoken with you PM and in hopes that one day WE can all get together. But as we have discussed there are certain instances we are not going to participate in, but there are many that we will.

I may have gotten off subject, and I apologize, maybe one of moderators will not delete my post...they do that often now.:wink_smil

Comment

Jim,
            I was unaware that you were the indivdual selected to define the avenues of our hobby. I will take this in account next time I speak with you about this subject. I do n ot prefer to debate ideology over a faceless box as it gives us all the appearence of being petty.
            I am very proud of our organization. You should also share pride in all who chose to relive and recreate the lives of our honored forefathers. My goal is to give all the in hobby under whatever title you assign them a decent event. Attitudes of a singular mindset do not prosper.
            I have already told you that Bummers is a no go for me due to my son's senior year in football. I really don't understand the tone of your email or what exactly are you trying to accomplilsh.
            Again, I don't care to continue to debate with you on the internet so that we can get into this ridiculous arguement.\I don't like internet reality shows.
            I use this as a venue to get information out to the people that wish to go out with us, and receive information.
            If you wish to carry on this debate you have my phone number - use it.
            Chad Greene
            Chad Greene

Comment

Hallo!

Moderator hat off...

"We are not amused." -Queen Victoria

Moderator hat on ...

This thread has gone down the Slippery Slope of violating AC Forum rules for Us vs Them Culture Wars, personal agendae, and even some Mod Bashing.

Enough.

Curt
              Curt Schmidt
              In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
              -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
              -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
              -Vastly Ignorant
              -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
              X