Civil War Film Shoot in Northern Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War Film Shoot in Northern Virginia

Not going to Bummers but looking for an event that weekend? Come out to a Civil War film shoot on November 14th at Bristoe Station Battlefield Heritage Park!

The film is “Crossroads of Conflict: Prince William County during the Civil War”, a student documentary. (possibly to be used in the Prince William County School System and as part of the 150th Anniversary of Manassas!)

My name is Jen Garrott and I am a senior at the College of William and Mary. For my Senior Honors Thesis I am making a historical documentary, “Crossroads of Conflict: Prince William County during the Civil War”. As part of this film I am making a segment on the October 1863 Battle of Bristoe Station. In order to include some reenacted footage I am holding a film shoot on November 14th beginning at 8 a.m. and hoping to be finished by 6 p.m. (possibly earlier). I will provide lunch. Unfortunately, since this is being made on a student budget I cannot pay you. If you can only come out for part of the time I would still be happy to have you. I realize November 14th conflicts with the big event in Georgia but if any of you do not plan to attend that event I would be happy to have you come out.

For those interested, here is a link to info and directions to the battlefield:
    Prince William County is located on the Potomac River in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States.

I am excited because we will be filming on the actual battlefield and relatively close to the actual date the battle occurred. A few scenarios I am hoping to depict:
    - The capture of McIntosh’s guns: Currently I do have a group coming that will be providing 1 or 2 ordinance rifles.
    - Shots of Union soldiers advancing up the hill prior to the capture of the guns.
    -Various shots of Confederates charging towards the railroad embankment
    - Some post-battle shots of dead and wounded

I would like to have as many reenactors as possible come out. I am sorry I do not have a place for female reenactors this time but they are more than welcome to come out and watch. Due to college regulations, I am also unable to include anyone under 18. If you have friends who you think might be interested please let them know or feel free to give them my contact information. If you have both Union and Confederate attire please bring both. I would like to have a good idea of how many people so please get back to me as soon as possible. If you are able to come please let me know what you will be bringing (Confederate or Union infantry uniform, rifle, etc.) so I know what to expect. If you have any other questions please let me know.
    Feel free to email me at:
    jlgarrott@wm.edu

Also check out the event on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...839000&index=1
Working...
X