Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Few Words of Thanks

Originally posted by Hairy Nation Boys View Post
    I guess I missed the great massage line you are talking about.
    Lucky....I had to hear about it on the drive home.
    Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
    Texas State Troops

[HOUSTON] TRI-WEEKLY TELEGRAPH, October 28, 1863,

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Reb View Post
      The Confederate commander was scouting behind enemy lines! I am shocked! Is it the role of a commanding officer upon who's well being the entire battalion depends, to put his life in danger to scout? Isn't that what junior officers are for? I suppose that falls under the same category as the construction of stick forts for repelling incoming fire. Oh, well. I was just a civilian. What do I know?
      You must be referring to the flanking manuever on Wednesday evening. Looked mighty good at first, until we saw we had flanked the entire Federal camp. Got some of us killed and captured, but the officers were unharmed.
      One of the non speaking Frenchman came by to hand off a personal item to one of the prisoners. He just walked right past a guard and handed it over to his comrade, which greatly excited and pissed off the guards. All the Rebs got a good laugh.
      Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
      Terry Pratchett

Comment

"I never had so much fun being miserable... LOL" :p

Seriously, thanks for a GREAT time. Ya'll worked very hard and it definitely showed!

All the best- Johnny Lloyd:wink_smil
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

I must second Johnny when I state It ws fun and miserable but I wouldnt have it any other way.
          Marvin Greer
          Snake Nation Disciples

"Now bounce the Bullies!" -- Lt. David Cornwell 9th Louisiana Colored Troops, Battle of Milliken's Bend.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X