Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Return to Manassas

Originally posted by MD_Independent View Post
    PeePee. That's Joe C.'s department, but I'll be throwing my hand in to help him out when not splitting rails, visiting the site, recruiting, or experimenting with water distribution. My focus will be on literature that will increase our knowledge of the communities the boys we'll be portraying came from. Knowledge of what happened during the campaign is of limited use to the private in the ranks. I'd prefer to see guys reading about the history of the men they'll portray as opposed to the strictly military history of a few days in August 1862. I'm rained out of work today, so I'll be hitting the library and amazon pretty heavy. Anyone know a source for nineteenth century water pumps? Oh, and our impression, tentatively approved by Mr. Anders and Air, will be 26th New York.
    Sounds Great Billy Bee!

I found these reads regarding the 26th NY.. they seem like it might be in line with what you are speaking.....Of course tentatively speaking

Further reading

A sketch of the campaign in Virginia and Maryland, from Cedar mountain to Antietam, by a soldier of the 26th N.Y. Syracuse: Master & Lee, 1862.

Bacon, William Johnson. Memorial of William Kirkland Bacon, late Adjutant of the Twenty-sixth regiment of New York state volunteers, by his father. Utica: Roberts, 1863

[SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
    ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Pete,
      Thanks for the book recommendations. I'm off to the library tomorrow. My local library won't have them but maybe they'll find them on inter-library loan.
      -Joe Bordonaro
      Friends,
      The Potomac Legion (and invited guests) has been approved to represent the 26th New York so we're good to move forward on that! Also, it has been decided to restrict our battalion size to 135 because Joe Caridi will be preparing barrels of salt pork and it will only be possible for him to prepare two barrels. So when registration opens, get yours in soon! And please write in "Potomac Legion" when you do if you want to fall in with our battalion.
      Thanks,
      Joe Bordonaro
      PS Attached is a picture of a portion of Bill Birney's test rail fence.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pvtbordonaro; 11-24-2009, 05:02 PM.
      Joe Bordonaro

Comment

This is another event I want to come to next year, I will keep it on the radar.
        [B]Derrick Pugh

Western Independent Grays
        S.C.A.R.[/B]

"Yaller-hammer, Alabama, flicker, flicker, flicker,"
        I felt sorry for the yellow-hammer Alabamians,
        they looked so hacked, and answered back
        never a word." ~Sam Watkins

Comment

Monsieur Pugh. Want to be a part of a Feral adjunct? And yes, I said feral. By the time we're done, we'll feel almost feral. Brother Bordonaro will be scouting out march routes in two weeks while I'm down in Georgia. Official announcement of the adjunct will be coming soon. Brother B. will also be handling all official announcements so I'll keep my mouth shut, answer questions, and keep working on other related projects.
          William Birney
          Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
          Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

If Birney and the Stillwaters will be there, then so will I.
            Sam Lowe
            Sally Port Mess
            Western Rifles

Aut Viam invenium aut faciam

Comment

Adjunct Companies

Friends,
              Here's an update on the company structure for the Potomac Legion adjunct to the "Return to Manassas" event:

First Company (Color Company): 13th NJ/Stockton Guards, Neil Hobbins commanding
              Second Company: 122nd New York, Chris Piering commanding
              Third Company: Sally Port Mess, Jeremy Bevard commanding
              Fourth Company: To be assigned.
              Battalion Staff: Open
              Artillery: Mike Martorelli of the 1st Pennsylvania Light Artillery, Battery F (a member unit of the Potomac Legion) will be the overall coordinator for artillery at the event.
              Cavalry: Open

Things are coming together nicely. If you are interested in joining one of the three established companies, or if you would like to be involved in forming the fourth company, please contact Bill Birney at: twbirney@aol.com
              - Joe Bordonaro
              Last edited by pvtbordonaro; 12-04-2009, 10:52 PM.
              Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Stillwaters and Billy Goats,

I know we just got done with Bummers and we are still registering and organizing for Backwaters. But keep this one in your mind and on your schedule.
                Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                Civil War Digital Digest
                Sally Port Mess

Comment

Any news on this?
                  Regards,
                  Eliot Toscano
                  Independent Brute
                  Putting on no style...

"Six children from the local village appeared wearing [U][B]fallacious accoutrements & reprehensible baggage [/B][/U]and thought they would put a sham battle on for our amusement. We laughed so hard at their imitation of soldiers that our sides were hurting for hours."
                  A.R. Crawford in the 76th Illinois Infantry, Co D - April 1863 - The origin of FARB

Comment

Eliot,
                    There is a lot of info about the event on a separate thread in this forum: http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...sas-quot/page5
                    If you can't find what you're looking for there, shoot me an email at beatlefans1@verizon.net
                    - Joe Bordonaro
                    Joe Bordonaro

Comment

I am definately looking forward to this event..
                      Matt Burbank
                      25th MVI Co.H
                      29th MVI
                      New England Brigade

Comment

Hi Chris,
                        Some good CA fellers are a plann'n to come your way for Return to Manassas(GREY)Hope I can make it!!
                        Magwood

Comment

Website Down - is being fixed

There was a sudden surge of website traffic today that caused us to exceed our allotted bandwidth. I just purchased additional bandwidth and the site will be up and running again as soon as that is processed (under 24 hours).

Sorry for any inconvenience.
                          Paul Boccadoro
                          Liberty Rifles

“Costumes are just lies that you wear.” –Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                          X