Clear All

Re: Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas"

Paul H: http://www.myrtle-avenue.com/supportarms/
    Paul Boccadoro
    Liberty Rifles

“Costumes are just lies that you wear.” –Stephen Colbert

Comment

Chris Piering is now a captain! The last time I saw him he was a malcontent and a deserter from the Crittenden's farm event. Must have some powerful politicians on his side to recover from that with a captaincy!

Neil Randolph
      1st WV
      Last edited by nrandolph; 01-06-2010, 07:24 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Neil,
        That was his identical twin. Chris is very different from his brother. He's a fine soldier and a natural-born leader. As for his brother, well....amongst other habits, he likes to introduce himself, or sign up for a bounty, as "Chris Piering". Last I heard, he's collected about four bounties! Better be careful about giving him your name if you bump into him again- he'll probably use it to collect his fifth bounty!
        - Joe Bordonaro
        Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Gentlemen and others. Due to the labor-intensive work required to split fence rails for our battalion, I'm going to have to make a time line. My general practice is to cut down a tree and split eight rails for every four men who give us a HMIC. I really don't want to split these things all in one clip. So, here's the deal. If you plan on joining us, let me know by the end of February to guarantee yourself two rails, one for each night at the event. Let me know by the last day in April, you'll receive only one. After that, forget it. I plan on making one trip with a load of rails in mid-June. One shot, one kill. My truck burns too much gas and oil to go up twice for one extra detail. Send me a HMIC, and I'll add you to my list. And I will be watching who gets what come event day. Incidentally, only a fool would try to take something he's not entitled to from a man who's just split two hundred and some odd fence rails. See ya. Bill Birney
          William Birney
          Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
          Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Bill,
            Great idea! Did I send you the current head count for the 13th NJ/Stockton Guards yet? I'm sure each of the boys will want their two rails :)
            - Joe Bordonaro
            PS Thanks for doing all of the hard work on this project. Let me know when you're making the run to deliver the rails and I'll help you out with that.
            Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Friends,
              Below is a section of fence that Bill Birney recently put up. Here is his description of it: "90 feet of fencing put up in the dark by the light of a cigarette lighter. Almost all of the trees used for these rails were still standing cedar trees less than twelve hours before being thrown into a fence. Altogether, from cutting down the trees to finishing the fence, six hours." So, Bill isn't just talking. Sign up for the event soon to reserve two of those rails for your camp fire at the event!
              - Joe Bordonaro
              Attached Files
              Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Friends,
                It is with great pleasure that I share the information that the fourth company has been assigned to our friends in New England. The command structure for the company has not been worked out as of yet, but if you live in the New England area and are looking for a great group of pards to attend the "Return to Manassas" event with, your contact is Tom Craig at tom.craig@ymail.com
                - Joe Bordonaro
                Last edited by pvtbordonaro; 01-11-2010, 11:08 PM.
                Joe Bordonaro

Comment

HAZZAH for New England! If you live in the North east answer the call to touch the elbow. Company now forming. Dont be a stay at home Ranger or fair weather patriot. Everyman is needed that wants to particpate in the great opportunities presented at this event and also strike a blow for New England.

HUzzah for the Fourth Company, Live Free or Die, etc, etc, etc,
                  I am, etc.
                  Thomas Gingras
                  Awkward Squad Mess
                  Columbia Rifles
                  Honorary SRR "Yankee"

Comment

I think I'll join the New England effort... Tommy, the Akward Mess will coordinate movement efforts to said event.

All for the Union and victory! :)

At Backwater, I'll be my natural Confederate Grey...

All the best- Johnny Lloyd:wink_smil
                    Johnny Lloyd
                    John "Johnny" Lloyd
                    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                    SCAR
                    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Tommy and Johnny,
                      Welcome aboard!
                      - Joe Bordonaro
                      Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Re: Contact info for Westerners

Friends,
                        If you live out west and want to attend the "Return to Manassas" campaigner adjunct, you'll want to contact Jeremy Bevard, of the Sally Port Mess. He is organizing the third company. Here is his contact email: jbj696@yahoo.com. He is pictured below.
                        - Joe Bordonaro
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by pvtbordonaro; 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM.
                        Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Re: Mid-Atlantic Area Company

Friends,
                          Those of you who would like to fall in with the Potomac Legion battalion for the "Return to Manassas" event and who live in the Mid-Atlantic Region (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware) may want to fall in with the first company. Neil Hobbins (pictured below) will be serving as captain for the first company, which will also be the Color Company. The Color Company will include a proper nine-man Color Guard drawn from soldiers in the entire Potomac Legion battalion. Neil's email contact is: Nhobbins@gmail.com
                          - Joe Bordonaro
                          Attached Files
                          Joe Bordonaro

Comment

I'm not sure that picture as an early war 4th Michigan Sgt a few years ago captures my good side.

I have been part of organizing some very successful companies (AHT, Bummers and now Backwaters). Each has been run with clear pre-event communication and a strong military structure while at the event.

If you are new or interested to the progressive side of the hobby and want to have that quality experience drop me a line. If you have the right attitude then I have a place for you.

Stillwaters & 93rd Billy Goats: I know we are getting together in March but let's see what we can do for this one. It will be another quality experience full of history.
                            Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                            Civil War Digital Digest
                            Sally Port Mess

Comment

Monsieur Bevard. At least you get a photo. Joe B. thinks I'm not pretty enough to get one. That's ok, I guess. To everyone else, Jeremy and his associates know their business. I served under the at AHT and Bummers. I would be with them at Backwaters but, with a baby due March 12th, I'll not be making it. My enacting days are done until late May at the soonest. That does give me plenty of time to find ways to torment our adjuncters. Anyway, for the westerners who can make it and don't think that portraying an eastern unit is beneath them Bevard's your man. Three 'news'(Jersey, York, and England) and a Michigan. That should be interesting. Thanks.
                              William Birney
                              Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
                              Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Friends,
                                Below is a picture of the fellow who is doing most of the work involved in organizing the campaigner adjunct, including cutting and splitting cedar trees to make fence rails, Bill Birney.
                                - Joe Bordonaro
                                Attached Files
                                Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Working...
                                X