Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Company for Bentonville

All,

We are putting together a federal company for the Bentonville campaign this March 19-21. Our company will have a campaign style atmospere and our camp and personal appearance will reflect that. As of right now we have right around 25 good men committed to this effort and are looking for even more. Patrick Skeese of the 30th OVI will Captain, Phil Jenkins of the 76th OVI will be 1st Lt. and Andrew Jarvi of the 9th OVI will be 1st Sgt.

We will be participating as a company with Chris Ander's CVG battalion. Our impression for the weekend will be Company F, 21st Michigan. http://members.myactv.net/~cvg/index.html

Preferred uniform and gear for this company is as follows-

Hat- M1858 Dress Hat (preferred) Black civilian slouch hat (2nd choice)

Coat- 4 button fatigue blouse (preferred) untrimmed uniform jacket (2nd choice)

Shirt- Dommett Flannel Issue shirt or Wool flannel contract shirt (preferred) civilian cotton shirt (2nd choice)

Drawers- Proper army issue drawers (preferred) any period correct commericial drawers (2nd choice)

Trowsers- Sky Blue keresy trowsers of proper construction, either Schuykill manufacture or JT Martin contract preferred

Shoes- Jefferson booties (preferred) Army boots (2nd choice)

Socks- Any of period correct construction and material acceptable

Canteen- M1858 Smootside (preferred) M1862 "Bullseye" pattern (2nd choice) Canteen should be equipped with cloth strap (preferred)

Haversack- Proper Federal Issue "tarred" haversack (preferred)

Knapsack- Blanket roll preferred (note; PLEASE only opt for the blanket roll if you have a correct blanket of proper construction and material, civilian blankets will be acceptable in limited quantities) If opting to use and carry a knapsack, Federal Issue Double Bag Knapsack (2nd choice)

Firearm- M1861 Springfield (preferred), M1863 Springfield (2nd choice) P1853 Enfield (3rd choice). M1842 Sprinfields as well as M1855 Springfields will gridgingly be accepted as we understand that a musket is by far the most expensive piece of your kit and not everyone has the option for more than one to suit various time periods.

Belt- Army issue black belt with US buckle. Brass keeper with Arrow Head buckle (preferred), Leather Keeper with Puppy paw buckle (2nd choice)

scabbard- correct scabbard to match your weapon. 2 rivet scabbard (preferred) 7 rivet scabbard (acceptable) Please try to limit the use of "Enfield" scabbards

Cartidge Box- of proper construction and material, correct cartridge box to match your weapon. Please limit the use of "Enfield" cartridge boxes

cap box- of proper construction and material "shield front cap box- preferred

Also, for those who would liek to participate, period correct edibles can be arranged at a fair cost. Note, this will not be a ration issue. Instead, I will provide to those interested at a cost of $7 per person the following

2 lbs. unsalted and uncurred slab pork
    1 lb. rice
    several small red potatoes
    a small onion
    a couple apples
    a candle
    sugar
    and coffee

For those who participate to pick up from me at the start of the event and then use however you see fit throughout the weekend. If you are interested in recieving this deal, checks need to be into

Patrick Skeese
    74 Ramona Avenue
    Newark, OH 43055

by March 10. Note, if you decide to participate in this ration program, please bring a couple small bags to transport your coffee and sugar in as well as something, if you so desire, to wrap your pork in.

If you plan to join us please let me know ASAP so that we can count on you being there. Any questions or concerns about this company can go to me, my contact information is below. We are looking to have a good, authentic experience at this event and are truly excited to offer this opportunity to you to join us in the endeavor.

Thanks,
    Patrick Skeese
    74 Ramona Avenue
    Newark, OH 43055
    phone-740-281-9506
    email- pat30ovi@yahoo.com

Andy Jarvi-
    email- ajarvi@att.net
    Thanks,
    Patrick Skeese
    "[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="6"]Jurgitem Valetem[/SIZE][/FONT]"

Western Federal Blues

[url]www.westernfederalblues.org[/url]

[url]www.30thovi.com[/url]

[I]"Of all the words both tongue and pen, the saddest of all are what might have been.---[/I]
Working...
X