CS troops for Backwaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS troops for Backwaters

I have noticed that all the topics are that of federal standings, and none for CS. Is there a reason for this or just a coincidence? Or am I miss taken?
    Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Re: CS troops for Backwaters

Robert,
    There is one simple reason for the lack of CS postings. I have just not had the time. Since Bummers I have been playing catch up. I can tell you things are coming along. Hopefully once we get past the holidays I will have more time to get out some information. Here is what we have so far though.

We will be portraying Mercers Brigade which at the time being portrayed was commanded by a Capt. We currently have two regiments being raised. The WIG is forming the core of one regiment portraying the 57th Georgia. Patrick Landrum as senior Captain with in the WIG will be commanding the regiment in my stead since I will be commanding the Brigade. He has setup the following command structure for the 57th Ga:

Commander- Patrick Landrum
    Adjutant- TBA
    Sgt Major- Nate Petersburg

Co A- Kiev Thomason (Armory Guards)
    Co D- Brian DesRochers (Independent Rifles)
    Co C- Pat Lewis (South Union Guards)
    Co E- Jordan Ricketts (GHTI)
    Co B- SCAR- Officer TBA

Hunter Poythress is raising the other regiment portraying the 63rd Georgia. He is still working to get his company commanders in place. One thing I should mention is that the entire brigade had only about 300 men present during this period. Many had deserted as the Brigade moved through Georgia. Companies were as small as 6 men. So this is a good chance to have several small companies and be historically correct. Which is partly why we are trying to portray a Brigade as opposed to a traditional Battalion.

If you would like to raise a company for either of these regiments please let me know and I will place you in contact with Pat or Hunter. I do know Hunter is active still looking for folks to raise companies.

So there you have it. I do hope to be able to get more information out once we get past the holidays. Also look for information from the regimental and company commanders. Registration is open. I encourage you to go ahead and register. The event staff is planning something unique here. It will be challenging both phyically and mentally for everyone. Not even Skip Owens, the Federal Commander, or I know exactly what our mission or goals will be. We will find out Friday night.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Thank you Trip.
      I was not trying to rush or fast forward, I was only wondering why there were so many federal topics and none from the other. I have already registered under Kiev. I have no desire to try and raise a company. Though i have been in the hobby from birth< I do not think that I am ready to take on something like that. I hope you all have a great holiday and be save, Gods speed.
      Robert
      Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

No problem Robert. Glad you are registered for the event. Kiev is a great company commander. You will enjoy serving under his command.

Comment

I had a blast at bummers under him and Herb( well kinda, Herb makes a good wind break on cold Saturday nights. lol). So I'm looking to make a few events with you guys a year from here on out.
          Robert Melville

Comment

Originally posted by robert-m View Post
            Thank you Trip.
            I was only wondering why there were so many federal topics and none from the other.
            Robert
            Military Deception Campaign???
            [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
            [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about Skip. I am just a simple Ole Georgia boy.

Comment

So I am a bit confused in my research and I haven't yet purchased the "All Hell's Broke Loose" book on the 57th GA.. BUT.. by this time had the 57th become part of the 1st Consolidated GA Infantry regiment? If so, then the companies would not be the same as they had begun - or -would they have. I am reading that Wilkinson County, GA men began their enlistment as Co. F of the 57th GA and by the time of the surrender and mustering out, were Co. D of the 1st GA Consolidated.

So.. my question is, if I am assigned to Co. D of the 57th GA, would it be the original Co. D (Wilkinson County, GA men) or the consolidated Co. D of the 1st Consolidated Regiment (Crawford County, GA men)? [this question is posed to make sure all our research and firper attempts are on the same page] My assumption is that we are to represent the remnants of the original companies of the 57th GA Infantry.. BUT again, just pricking the minds and intentions of the organizers and commanders.
                Last edited by Jon The Beloved; 12-13-2009, 05:54 PM. Reason: a bit o rewording
                Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
                Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
                ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
                ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
                ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
                ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
                ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Your assumption is correct.

The consolidation had not been conducted during the time frame of this event, which is in the weeks prior to the battle of Bentonville. The 1st Georgia Infantry Regiment-Consolidated (Olmstead)-consolidated on 9 April 1865 combining Olmstead’s 1st, and 57th, and 63rd regiments.
                  Brian Hicks
                  Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

John,

Where might one find said book, to purchase, (the "All Hell's Broke Loose" book on the 57th GA) ?

Cheers my friend,

Greg
                    Greg S Barnett
                    Burlington Lodge #763 F&AM

New Knoxville Mess
                    ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Greg,
                      The book can be found at places like amazon.com . Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/Hells-Broke-Lo...0753459&sr=8-1
                      It's a great book, I've had it for a year or so and am about to re-read it again.
                      Mark Taylor

Comment

I found my answer by now but thanks for speaking up, Brian.
                        Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
                        Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
                        ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
                        ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
                        ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
                        ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
                        ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon The Beloved View Post
                          I found my answer by now but thanks for speaking up, Brian.
                          You should have hung around. I responded to you post within a minute of you editing it, which was only about 30 minutes after your original post. :)
                          Brian Hicks
                          Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Working...
                          X