In The Van Aug 1-7 2010 Listserver open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The Van Aug 1-7 2010 Listserver open

Well now, we never expected to have a folder for this thing. And a right fair portion of the recruiting for this event was already in place before Gerry Barker put up the initial announcement.

But, since its here, a little commentary is in order on what this Authentic Campaigner 2010 Event Folder will be used for.

The event organizers are widely separated geographically. We work jobs with unusual hours and locations, with work that often places us off line for days at a time. For most of us, the middle of the night is the shank of the day, and we are asleep when you are reaching for the keyboard or the phone. In the intervening months, we have a number of site trips that will suck the air out of our disposable time. Each of us has a number of campaigns under our belts, in multiple time periods, and combined living history experience of over 100 years.

Accordingly, communications for this event will be handled in a tightly controlled manner. Prospective participants will be admitted to the event listserver on request. That listserver is the only thing we will monitor consistently. Nothing will be instant.

We ask that folks not clutter up this folder with Hey Man I’m Coming or Hey Man I’d Come But I Just Can’t. The only thing that speaks here is a completed registration. Our numbers cap is tight.

This event is a living history exercise in the movement of wagons. It is a Wagon Train, Not a Wagon Ride. It is a seven day event in rough country in hot weather. This event will test your personal, period, and field craft abilities. Your brain will be engaged as well as your body. Our expectation is that participants in this event already possess a working knowledge of period culture, history, fieldcraft and the willingness to put that into practice.

This event was not created with the beginner in mind.

There are several types of roles for In The Van. If you have questions, contact the relevant person directly, AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS SHOWN.

(1) All Military -Contact Rob Murray at in-the-van@charter.net

(2) Wagoneers and Swampers-Contract Gerry Barker at gerybarker1@gmail.com

(3) All Civilians-Contact Terre Lawson at in-the-van@att.net

We welcome you as a participant in this adventure. We have high expectations of ourselves and we have high expectations of you. Material Standards for the event are now available and can be obtained by joining the listserve.

Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.
Working...
X