Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "At 200 Yards Distance", October 14-16th, Blanchardville, Wisconsin

Hello all.
    I would like to announce an event that I am again organizing next year on October 14-16th on a private 800 acre property near Blanchardville, Wisconsin. This is the same site that both "Retreat from Bentonville"(2009) and "The Fight For Crampton's Gap" (2010) took place on. This is a full immersion CS "unexpected picket post". We are calling this a "unexpected picket post" because we are keeping it unknown to the general reenacting community if there will be Federal forces present during the event or not. Action is "unexpected", hence the name "unexpected picket post".

The CS impression will be the 1st Georgia Battalion of Sharpshooters. We will be portraying the four companies of the Battalion, those being companies A commanded by Brandon Jolly, Co. B commanded by Brad Bodoh, Co. C commanded by Eric Fair, and company D which is still open if there are interested parties who would like to raise a company. If interested please contact either myself or Jason Reinholz. These companies will be small companies with a cap at 16 for each. Jason Reinholz is going to be our commander for the Battalion.

This is truly an invite only event. To controll our quality we are not posting a registration form on the internet. If you would like to be in a certain commander's company, you must first contact that commander and get his approval. Once you are in his company he will email you the registration form and you can then send those in to myself.

Here is a short snippet from the website that is soon to come,

"During the Siege of Chattanooga, at the base of Lookout Mountain a small battalion of Georgia Sharpshooters was given the task of being the forward line for their brigade. The 1st Georgia Battalion of Sharpshooters had only been in service for about 9 months but they were already down to roughly 45 effectives. For two days, we are going to recreate the conditions of these men being put on picket in front of the lines. You will not know if the enemy is out there or not. All you do know is that the enemy lines are only 200 yard away."

We also would like civilians for the event. Stephanie Reinholz and Rod Miller will both be co-cordinating the civilian aspect of this event.

Look for a website to come in the follow weeks.
    Dan Chmelar
    Semper Fi
    -ONV
    -WIG
    -CIR!
Working...
X