Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR company being raised for Bermuda Hundred 150th

Gentlemen,
    SCAR and the Governor Guards are raising a company for the 150th Bermuda Hundred Campaign. Our Impression is Company D, 17th TN. Johnsons Brigade. These men had seen heavy fighting in Army of the Tennessee and after the Battle of Murfreesboro they were consolidated with the 23rd Tn. After Chickamauga they were sent to Knoxville with Longstreet and in the spring transferred to Virginia. There they would finish out the rest of the war and eventually surrender at Appomattox with 70 officers and men remaining.
    This event is going to have it all, digging trenches, fighting through heavily wooded areas and plenty of firper interaction with comrades and civilians and ration issue. Our goal is to have a 30-40 man company and those of you who have participated with SCAR in the past can expect the same quality experience as before. The company structure is as follows
    1st Lt. Tyler Underwood
    2nd Lt. Johnny Lloyd
    Orderly Sgt. Mike Phillips
    Sgt. Bill Rodman

If you are interested in joining us for a great time in the trenches you can either contact Johnny Lloyd or myself for questions about the event or guidelines.

Jacket:
    - Columbus Clothing Bureau jackets Type I or II. Made of domestic cloth.
    - Atlanta depot
    - Milledgeville jacket
    - Richmond Clothing Bureau jacket Type II. Made of imported and domestic cloth and of proper construction.

Trousers:
    - Richmond Clothing Bureau made of imported or domestic cloth.
    - Documented western depot trousers
    - Civilian type trousers (No plaids or stripes)
    No federal trousers
    Headgear:
    - Civilian of proper construction. No floppy brimmed/hat blanks
    - Richmond kepi of imported or domestic cloth.
    Shirts:
    - CS issue
    - Civilian
    Drawers:
    - CS issue
    - Civilian
    Braces:
    - Made of proper construction and style
    No modern adjustment clips
    - Belts are also accepted
    Socks:
    - Woolen or cotton (No modern socks)
    Shoes:
    - CS issue
    - Civilian
    - Federal brogans reluctantly accepted.

Knapsacks:
    - Blanket rolls highly encouraged
    - Documented CS patterns English, Kibbler, Pritchett, Etc.
    - Federal Double bag

Blanket:
    - English Imported
    - Civilian/coverlets (No quilts)
    - Captured US blankets
    Ground cloth:
    - CS painted
    - Oil cloth
    - Captured US rubber blanket
    Canteen:
    - CS Tin Drum covered or un-covered.
    - CS Drum canteen with convex sides
    - US Smooth side
    Haversack:
    - CS issue
    - Civilian/Moses Alexander type
    Cartridge box carried on the belt or sling:
    - Richmond pattern
    - Documented Western depot (Preferably Atlanta)
    - Painted cloth
    - Federal reluctantly accepted. (Official reports indicate that the brigade captured a wagon load of US accoutrements at Chickamauga, but we do not know how they were distributed.)
    Cap box:
    - Richmond pattern
    - Documented Western depot (Preferably Atlanta)
    - Painted cloth
    - Federal reluctantly accepted. (Official reports indicate that the brigade captured a wagon load of US accoutrements at Chickamauga, but we do not know how they were distributed.)

Belts of either leather or painted cloth with the following buckles:
    - Roller buckle
    - Rectangular Atlanta CSA buckle
    - Georgia frame buckle

Bayonet Scabbard:
    - Richmond pattern
    - Documented western depot (Preferably Atlanta)
    - Federal scabbards reluctantly accepted either the early war two rivet (preferred) or the late war seven rivet. (Official reports indicate that the brigade captured a wagon load of US accoutrements at Chickamauga, but we do not know how they were distributed.)
    Weapons:
    - Three band British Rifled musket is the preferred weapon. The brigade was re-issued these weapons shortly after arriving in Corinth, Mississippi in the spring of 1862. They also captured 300 at Chickamauga.
    - 1861 Springfield
    Bayonets:
    - Appropriate for the weapon being carried or no bayonet at all.
    No modern anachronisms! Period glasses, contact lenses are alright, but please be discrete. Modern medication should be kept out of sight and in period containers. No visible tattoo’s and no piercings.
    Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 04-16-2014, 02:36 PM.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Re: SCAR company being raised for Bermuda Hundred 150th

Here is our updated roster for Company D. We still have room for some more get those registrations in guys!

1. Bordonaro, Joe – Pvt.
    2. Butler, Brian – Pvt.
    3. Carter, Rob – Cpl.
    4. Dallimore, Scott – Pvt.
    5. Dawson, Gavin – Pvt.
    6. Dawson, Kevin – Pvt.
    7. Duke, Daniel – Pvt.
    8. Galyon, Sam – Cpl.
    9. Gouge, Jerry – Pvt.
    10. Jurand, George – Pvt.
    11. Kerridge, Mackenzie – Pvt.
    12. Lloyd, Johnny – 2nd Lt.
    13. Parent, David – Pvt.
    14. Patt, Michael – Pvt.
    15. Payne, Mike – Pvt.
    16. Phillips, Mike – Orderly Sgt.
    17. Rodman, Bill – 2nd Sgt.
    18. Scott, Tyler – Pvt.
    19. Stewarts, Blake – Pvt.
    20. Teasley, Kenneth – Pvt.
    21. Tripp, Andy – Pvt.
    22. Underwood, Tyler – 1st Lt.
    23. Ward, William – Pvt.
    24. Wedeward, John – Pvt.
    25. Williams, Bryn – Pvt.
    26. Wysong, Jeff – Pvt.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Ok folks the ration situation for the company has been established. The cost is $10 per man and the deadline for payment is April 1st. Payment can be sent via paypal to tylerlunderwood(at)yahoo.com Everyone will need to bring enough grub to get them through Friday evening and Saturday morning. If you do not use paypal please PM me or send an email to the same address and I will send you my mailing address so a check can be sent.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

For those who are going or wish to go with Company D 17th Tennessee.

Everyone will need to bring 80 properly rolled and prepackaged cartridges that will be turned in when you check in with the company, and then re-issued before going on line.

Along with ammunition, everyone will need to bring enough pre-cooked food to see them through Friday night/Saturday morning, rations will be issued sometime Saturday morning. Rations will be period correct as well as a few items that are often overlooked in the hobby. The cost for rations is $10 per person, the deadline for payment is April 1st (however sooner is better since some items require ordering along with me making a seven hour drive to pick everything up and then take it home to get it packaged). Payment can be sent via paypal tylerlunderwood@yahoo.com or you can contact me privately for my mailing address.

We will have a short company drill Friday night to get the kinks worked out and then go right into improving existing/half-finished rifle pits. The rifle pits that we will be improving are based upon the ones that were started in 1862 by slave labor but were never completed until reports came in that the Army of the James was advancing on Petersburg/Richmond. It may be helpful if someone brings a period shovel or spade to help dig them out a little more, otherwise the majority of the work will need to be done with bayonets, plates, and cups. These pits will be your home Friday night there will be no cooking fires allowed due to the fact that the proximity of the enemy will be un-known.

Please try and write at least one letter to another person in the company. These letters will also be turned in upon check in and distributed appropriately as time permits. The information that was posted on the facebook page should be pretty beneficial when writing.

First person is highly encouraged for this. More so for our company because our position on the line is right next to the spectators, we don’t want to be discussing what scant outfit Miley Cyrus wore on TV last night. If you must have a modern discussion with someone please do so discreetly, so as not to ruin another person’s moment. The exception to this could be when talking with spectators but even still this can be done in first person by simply saying “We” and “I” instead of saying “They”.

The event staff is still unsure if potable water will be brought in from Fort Lee in transport tanks or not. If they don’t, they will be placing a bunch of five gallon water cans out of sight for us to use. There is also a natural water source that runs about 250 yards behind our main line; the county has deemed the source safe to drink with purification tablets. Portajohns will definitely be located in the main parking area, which is a 15 minute walk from where we will be. They are still unsure if there will be any located outside the immediate event site where the shuttle drop off is. If you need to preform your necessary moving away from the company and digging a hole is appropriate. These areas will be shown to you after arrival.

I wish I could tell you all what is going to happen at this; but I think the anticipation leading up to the event as well as the suspense of not knowing what is going to happen will only heighten your experience.
        Thank you all again for signing up for this company I hope that all of our efforts will make this one of the best events you have ever attended. Let’s keep the registrations coming in and we will show them eastern Yankees that the 17th Tennessee can fight like hell.

Here is the updated company roster.

1. Bordonaro, Joe – Pvt.
        2. Butler, Brian – Pvt.
        3. Brooks, Travis – Pvt.
        4. Carter, Rob – Cpl.
        5. Dallimore, Scott – Pvt.
        6. Dawson, Gavin – Pvt.
        7. Dawson, Kevin – Pvt.
        8. Duke, Daniel – Pvt.
        9. Eggleston, David – Pvt.
        10. Galyon, Sam – Cpl.
        11. Jones, Nick – Pvt.
        12. Jurand, George – Pvt.
        13. Lloyd, Johnny – 2nd Lt.
        14. Norman, Dakota – Pvt.
        15. Phillips, Mike – Orderly Sgt.
        16. Rodman, Bill – 2nd Sgt.
        17. Salland, Patrick – Pvt.
        18. Scott, Tyler – Pvt.
        19. Stewarts, Blake – Pvt.
        20. Taylor, Mackenzie – Pvt.
        21. Tripp, Andy – Pvt.
        22. Underwood, Tyler – 1st Lt.
        23. Ward, William – Pvt.
        24. Wedeward, John – Pvt.
        25. Wilson, Chadd – Pvt.
        Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 02-01-2014, 12:31 PM. Reason: Updated roster
        Tyler Underwood
        Pawleys Island #409 AFM
        Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Lets keep the registrations coming in, the slots are filling up fast!
          Tyler Underwood
          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
          Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

There are only about 15 slots left for CS infantry so if you want to be in Company D 17th Tn. Get your registration in ASAP!
            Tyler Underwood
            Pawleys Island #409 AFM
            Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Johnny Lloyd
              John "Johnny" Lloyd
              Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
              SCAR
              Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
              Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
              Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
              Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Let's go boys, brigade strength is at 218. With only seven slots left you must act now if you expect join the 17th Tennessee to drive back the northern aggressors.
                Tyler Underwood
                Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Here is the current roster for Company D, 17th Tn. If anyone see's that I am missing anyone, please inform me as soon as possible. Thanks!

Bordonaro, Joe
                  Burton Andrew
                  Brooks, Travis
                  Carter, Rob
                  Dallimore, Scott
                  Dawson, Gavin
                  Dawson, Kevin
                  Duke, Daniel
                  Eggleston, David
                  Galyon, Sam
                  Gauthier, Brian
                  Jones, Nick
                  Jurand, George
                  Lakin, Matt
                  Lloyd, Johnny
                  Miller, Caleb
                  Phillips, Mike
                  Rodman, Bill
                  Salland, Patrick
                  Scott, Tyler
                  Taylor, Mackenzie
                  Tripp, Andy
                  Underwood, Tyler
                  Wedeward, John
                  Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 02-25-2014, 07:44 PM.
                  Tyler Underwood
                  Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                  Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Another company email went out today with some updated information. So please do not delete it before you read it. If you did not receive it and should have please let me know ASAP. Thanks for everyone's support and I will see you all in eight weeks!
                    Tyler Underwood
                    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                    Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Attention A/C friends, I am pleased to announce that this is someone’s lucky day! Just today someone informed me that they would be unable to make it to Bermuda Hundred. So with that being said, I have room for one person who would like to portray a western confederate infantryman. If you have been wanting to go but couldn’t because registration was full now is your chance. There is no registration fee and rations cost $10. You must also bring a minimum of 80 prepackaged cartridges. The impression guidelines are in the first post. The first person to say I want to go, gets the position. Contact me ASAP!
                      Tyler Underwood
                      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                      Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Trash in the ditches... search it. Just sayin'
                        Johnny Lloyd
                        John "Johnny" Lloyd
                        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                        SCAR
                        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
                        X