Bentonville Website and Social Media Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentonville Website and Social Media Details

Website is up and running. Thanks to Joe Loehle for helping make this possible.

You can start registering now. Please do so. If you don't have a unit, just list the mess you fall in with and we will assign you to a Company.

We have a lot of planning to still accomplish and numbers will help us in doing so. Spread the word to all. If you want to do Western Federal, this is the effort for the end of the 150th.

Hope to serve with you!

Facebook link is also up and running. Thanks to Taylor McCullen for making this happen.

Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Re: Bentonville Website and Social Media Details

Blasted on FB and twitter
    Thank You,

Brent Dacus

The AC Admin
    The Company of Military Historians
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust

Are you reading? I still am...

Comment

Thanks, Brent, I appreciate the support.

Yep, I am still reading. Voraciously, actually!;)
      Ivan Ingraham
      AC Moderator

Comment

Preparation page on the website is updated. I appreciate all the "likes"!
        Ivan Ingraham
        AC Moderator

Comment

I noticed the reference to digging in and building works. It is confirmed that this will be allowed on the actual state owned battlefield?
          David H. Thomas
          Starr's NC Battery
          Fayetteville, NC

Comment

Yes, Dave, it will. We will not be digging on extant trench lines, etc., but in fields on which the battle was fought.

We will bivouac on the site of the original trench works of the 21st Michigan. Taylor McCullen and I walked the ground and were shown our site by the Park staff.

This information is confirmed by the Park and event organizers; so this event will truly a provide a unique experience.
            Last edited by Ambrose Bierce; 08-02-2014, 05:26 AM.
            Ivan Ingraham
            AC Moderator

Comment

Web page updated with fitness training and foot care tips on the Preparation page.

Registration is up and running.

It is never too early to register; in fact, I encourage it!
              Ivan Ingraham
              AC Moderator

Comment

Registrations are coming in regularly, and this is great.

Some people, however, are not following through with payment. I recognize people are minding money these days, etc, but a registration without payment makes it hard to forecast monies for rations, etc.

If you have registered and haven't paid, please pay by PayPal (first and best option) as a "gift" so all the money goes to the event, to bigbirdd03 at yahoo dot com.

If you want to pay by check or money order, please send an email to the address above (also on the site) for information.

Some units may elect to pay en mass, which is fine, but right now, I have a list of attendees building which is really exciting.

I will eventually send emails to those who need to pay, and we have time to compile this in the interim, but I want to make it clear that your confirmed registration as a participant is solidified with payment.

Keep them coming!
                Ivan Ingraham
                AC Moderator

Comment

Great article written by Bren Woodard posted to the facebook page. It is devoted to period approaches to campaigning ailments like foot care and protection, chafing, bugs, and other items. Very well researched and excellent examples

Between the tips on the preparation page of the website and the article, you have all kinds of options for preparing and caring for your feet and body both before and during the event. Thanks again to Bren for putting this together. Great stuff!

Link to the facebook page is in the first post of this thread.
                  Last edited by Ambrose Bierce; 11-03-2014, 06:14 PM.
                  Ivan Ingraham
                  AC Moderator

Comment

Facebook page updated with examples of BJ Zirkle's excellent 15th Corps Badges for enlisted and one variant of nicer, private purchase badges. Officer models are forthcoming.
                    Ivan Ingraham
                    AC Moderator

Comment

Working...
                    X